Skeletal Militiamen are Humanoid Enemies in Elden Ring. Skeletal Militiamen are literal bare-bone creatures, always hostile and often moving in packs. They often fight alongside Skeletal Bandits and Skeleton Mages. It is very common for them to ambush their preys, by acting as lifeless corpses or hiding underwater. Just like other Skeletons such as Skeletal Bandits and Skeleton Mages, Skeletal Militiamen will not die upon defeat, making them able to re-take their previous shape and keep on fighting. In order to avoid this, players should also attack their remains even after these creatures are defeated.
The spirits of two (2) Skeletal Militiamen can be summoned for aid in battle by using Skeletal Militiaman Ashes.
Militiamen who live in Death, and will continue to rise again until properly finished off.
This is the grotesque fate of those who come into contact with Deathroot.
Skeletal Militiaman Location in Elden Ring
Where to Find Skeletal Militiamen:
- Players can encounter Skeletal Militiamen in the beaches and dungeons of Limgrave, and in the cemetery area of Stormhill.
- They can be found in the Deathtouched Catacombs.
- Located roaming the graves of Liurnia of The Lakes.
- Can be found in Wyndham Catacombs
- Weeping Peninsula. West of Witchbane Ruins.
- Crumbling Farum Azula. They have a different look, but otherwise act the same.
Skeletal Militiaman Drops in Elden Ring
Elden Ring Skeletal Militiaman Notes & Tips
- Skeletal Militiamen share their resurrection mechanic with all other Skeletons. Once defeated, the glowing slime they leave behind must be hit to avoid them reforming and attacking again.
- A weapon empowered by Ash of War: Sacred Blade will kill Skeletons without resurrection. You can also just poke most skeletons with a torch to kill them once the "slime" is exposed.
- Three weapons can kill Skeletons and other reviving enemies inherently, without the aid of buffs: Golden Epitaph, Golden Order Greatsword, and Inseparable Sword.
- Holy Water Pot can, on most occasions, kill a skeleton in a single throw. This will also prevent them from resurrecting.