Temporarily reduces fall damage and sound
Soft Cotton is a Consumable Item in Elden Ring. Most Consumables grant various effects such as restorative properties for recovering HP, removing certain negative status effects or applying temporary buffs and debuffs, while others can be thrown at enemies to deal damage.
A soft but sturdy cotton formed from splitting open Rowa fruit in a particular manner. Craftable item.
Attaching this cotton to the bottom of one's feet allows for a temporary reduction in fall damage and sound.
If you must court danger, at the very least, tread lightly.
Where to find Soft Cotton in Elden Ring
- It can be found against a body at Woodfolk Ruins. [Map Link]
- One found on a corpse sitting on a chair in the Mountaintops of the Giants. [Map Link]
- One can be looted off a corpse in Morne Tunnel. [Map Link]
- Two can be found while dropping down to the area with the Crystal Snails in Lakeside Crystal Cave.
- Can be found on the broken part of the bridge, past the teleporter. [Map Link]
- Video Location
Soft Cotton use in Elden Ring
Soft Cotton can be used to temporarily reduce Fall Damage and sound.
Assassin's Approach, the Longtail Cat Talisman, and Soft Cotton are three items that prevent Fall Damage from being taken. However they do not change the height at which falls become lethal, which remains fixed at 20 meters. Using one of these means that the fall damage that is normally incurred from 16 m to ~19.9 m isn't taken at all.
Elden Ring Soft Cotton Crafting Guide
Elden Ring Soft Cotton Notes & Tips
- The effect lasts 20 seconds.
- You can hold up to 99 Soft Cotton.
- You can store up to 600 Soft Cotton.
- Sell Value: 10 Runes
- Notes and tips go here.