Somber Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone
Reinforce special armaments to +10
Somber Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone is an Upgrade Material in Elden Ring. Somber Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone strengthens special armaments to +10. Upgrade Materials can be acquired through exploration, looting it from specified areas of a Location, dropped by a specific Enemy or Boss, given by an NPC, or sold by a Merchant.
Ancient dragonrock smithing stone drained of color. A scale of the Ancient Dragonlord, and hidden treasure of Farum Azula.
Strengthens special armaments to +10.
The Ancient Dragonlord's seat is said to lie beyond time. This stone lightly twists time, allowing the creation of a weapon capable of slaying a god.
Somber Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone Locations in Elden Ring
Eight (8) Somber Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone can be found:
2 in Consecrated Snowfield:
- Received from completing Latenna's quest line upon delivering her to Apostate Derelict.
- Dropped by Anastasia, Tarnished-Eater after her third invasion, on the the frozen river southwest of Ordina, Liturgical Town.
Note: This invasion's conditions were thought to be bugged, but the bug was fixed in 1.05.
1 in Mohgwyn Palace:
- Found in a chest at the feet of the massive statue by the Dynasty Mausoleum Midpoint.
- Video Location
- Found in a chest hidden between columns near a roof with a corpse carrying an item, after the Prayer Room site of grace in the Haligtree. To reach it, go to the end of the first walkway and jump down to the gazebo with the red scarab, then run up the diagonal support on the other side. The chest is in a small room. [Map Link]
- Found on a corpse in the southern end of the ring walkway in the east, near the patrolling Putrid Avatar. To reach this walkway, head out of the Prayer Room site of grace and jump onto the second buttress (concrete beam) connecting to a tower. Descend the tower and use the ledges on the bottom to reach the ring walkway. [Map Link]
- After completing the Millicent questline and defeating Malenia, it can be obtained by inserting the gold needle into Malenia's scarlet flower to receive Miquella's Needle.
1 in Leyndell, Ashen Capital:
- From the main Leyndell, Ashen Capital site of grace, go west, along the dragon. Enter the building past it and climb the ladder. Over the railing to the right is a gargoyle next to a corpse with the stone. (Note: This will only be available once you've progressed far enough that the city is filled with ash) [Map Link] Video Location
- Found in a gazebo behind the stationary Farum Azula Dragon sitting at the back of the plaza southeast of the Dragon Temple Rooftop site of grace. The dragon is constantly raining red lightning around the area, and killing it will also reward you with an Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone. [Map Link] Video Location
Elphael, Brace of the Haligtree videos:
Somber Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone Guide
- There are only eight Somber Ancient Dragon Smithing Stones in the game, with no way to infinitely farm them aside from continually going into New Game Plus.
Somber Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone Notes & Tips
- You can hold up to 999 Somber Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone.
- You can store up to 999 Somber Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone.
- Sell value: 2,000