Spiritcaller Snail is a Boss in Elden Ring. Spiritcaller Snail is found in Road's End Catacombs and then again at the Spiritcaller's Cave. This is an optional boss, as players don't need to defeat it in order to advance in Elden Ring. However, doing so yields useful Items and Runes.
There is a mob version called the Lesser Spirit-Caller Snail.
A strange snail-like creature that gives off a pale glow. While weak on their own, they summon forth spirits from beyond to fight on their behalf. But once the snail dies, the spirit will vanish.
Elden Ring Spiritcaller Snail Boss
- This is an optional boss
- This is a Field Boss
- Closest Site of Grace: Road's End Catacombs
- Multiplayer is allowed for this boss
- Spirit summons are allowed for this boss
Elden Ring Spiritcaller Snail Location
- Spiritcaller Snail can be found at the Road's End Catacombs. [Map Link]
- Spiritcaller Snail can be also found again at the Spiritcaller's Cave. [Map Link]
Spiritcaller Snail Combat Information
- Health: NG (??), NG+ (2500), NG++ (??), NG+3 (??), NG+4 (??), NG+5 (??), NG+6 (??), NG+7 (??)
- Can summon spirits to aid them in battle. They are often invisible, and will often be seen by their glow.
- Can attack by performing a grab, which deals Standard Damage.
- Undead type
- Can be poise broken and staggered with ease, but can't be riposted afterwards.
- Might be inspired by the Tsuchinoko, a Japanese cryptid.
- There are 4 serpentine snail mobs: the Serpent Snail, the Crystal Snail, the Skeletal Snail, and the Lesser Spirit-Caller Snail.
- Phy (Sta): -10
- Phy (Sla): -40
- Phy (Str): -10
- Phy (Thr): -10
- Magic: -20
- Fire: -20
- Lightning: -20
- Holy: -20
The absorption numbers are the % of your damage that gets blocked. For example if an absorption is 60. 40% of that damage by that type will go through and 60% is absorbed. Bigger number= less damage. An absorption of 100 means no damage goes through, and a resistance of -100 mean the enemy takes 2x damage from that source. 0 means damage goes pretty much as is.
The resistance numbers is the buildup amount to trigger it. For example if a resistance is 100 you must deal 100 points of whatever aux buildup to trigger it. Note that these go down over time, and increase each time the effect procs.
Elden Ring Spiritcaller Snail Boss Guide
Spiritcaller Snail Boss Video Guide
[video coming soon]
The Best Tips for Spiritcaller Snail :
- If facing it in Road's End Catacombs, be observant of the snail's location and focus on it rather than the summon
- Since the snail is not always visible, look for the faint glowing light on the ground
- The snail is usually found in the corners of the arena.
Spiritcaller Snail Fight Strategy
Road's End Catacombs
Road's End Catacombs: The biggest threat in this boss fight is the spirit that the snail summons. Avoid the spirit and look for the snail. It is invisible, but it can be identified by the faint glowing light on the ground. If the Summon is in your way you can fight it and defeat it, and once you defeat it, the Snail will shortly become visible. You will be able to hit it a few times, then the Snail becomes invisible again and teleports to another point inside the arena. If you give the Snail enough time, it will summon the spirit again. If you are defeated and attempt to fight again, you will find it in the same places it was before, and it will teleport at the same point, so if you remember where it was, it will be very easy for you to defeat. The Summon will vanish after the snail is defeated.
If you choose to defeat the summon for this encounter, the spirit summon order is as follows:
- Crucible Knight Silura 2x
- Crucible Knight Ordovis 2x
- Both 3x
When facing the Crucible Knight, he gas a basic set of swinging and stabbing melee attacks. He will opt to walk and not charge towards players if you separate yourself giving you enough time to locate the snail and insert a hit. If avoiding the attacks, roll through them or sidestep as they occur. This movement speed also makes it easier for ranged players to deal attacks while the enemy makes its way over.
Spiritcaller Cave: The snail is always present while you fight the spirits, but usually invisible. You can locate it by finding a faint glow on the ground. You may avoid the Godskin Apostle and Godskin Noble. Defeating the summoned spirits only makes the snail visible for a brief period.
- Godskin Apostle: Has a basic set of swinging and stabbing melee attacks that range from upper cuts, strikes swings and stabs. Has a short ranged leap accompanied by a melee attack. Its special move is to extend its self and swing with an AoE. Roll through these attacks and reposition yourself behind or to the side of the enemy to get a better attack position and avoid damage. Defeat him to spawn the next spirit summon, the Godskin Noble.
- Godskin Noble: Will spawn after the apostle. Will also have a set of basic melee attacks accompanied by a spell that has an AoE around him. Defeating this enemy will spawn the snail. Swing constantly to disable the enemy. When successful, he will sit for a long while making him open for multiple attacks. The summon's hp will rapidly deplete during this phase. Repeat until defeated.
Spiritcaller Snail Attacks & Counters
|Grab||Snail jumps and performs a grab attack.||Attack him to keep him stunned, as he performs this attack only when provoked but not attacked (needs testing).|
|Spirit Summons||The Snail calls forth a spirit from beyond to fight.||View each individual spirit summon to view their moveset. While facing each summon, be observant of the arena to locate the snail and target it. The Key is to focus on defeating the Snail rather than he summon since they will repsawn upon defeat.|
|Crucible Knight||A relentless enemy with a spear. Performs ground slams and stabs with its spear.||He will opt to walk towards players if you separate yourself giving you enough time to locate the snail and insert a hit. If avoiding the attacks, roll through them or side step as they occur.|
|Melee Swing||This summon has an array of basic Melee Attacks that can occur in combos including the basic swing where he will swing his Godskin Peeler from side to side.||This move can be parried, blocked a shield or rolled through to avoid damage.|
|Strike||This Melee attack involves a leap followed by a strike down of his weapon.||Side Step these since it does not have a large range.|
|Weapon Spin||He begins to spin his weapon.||Avoid the weapon. This is not a fast action, and players can back away as he approaches to avoid damage.|
|AoE Stretch||For this action, he stretches his body and starts to twirl.||At this point he is actually open to receive attacks so deal any type of attack at this phase.|
|Stab||His basic melee attacks include him stabbing at the ground in front of him with his weapon, dealing damage if you are within that area.||This can be blocked or avoided by rolling backwards.|
|Melee Spin||This summon spins his whole body for AoE damage.||Step back out of this range and keep close to follow up with an attack.|
|Pierce||Basic forward piece stabs||Block this attack while you reposition to its side to prepare for your attack directly after this action.|
|Magic AoE||Raises water in an AoE.||Back away from the enemy to avoid these effects. This will also be a good time to heal if needed.|
Spiritcaller Snail Lore, Notes & Other Trivia
- At some point of post-launch life of Elden Ring, this boss was immune to weapon with ability to inflict sleep (as of 3/7/2022) - simply because using said weapon would crash the game.
- Other Notes and Trivia Go Here
This boss has no dialogue
Spiritcaller Snail Image Gallery