|Voiced by||Gemma Whelan|
Tanith is an NPC in Elden Ring. Tanith is the head of the Volcano Manor, and asks the players about joining forces against the Fingers. If you decide to join her quest, you will receive particular missions as well as access to some new Npcs.
I am Tanith, the proprietress of this house. An honour to have you.
Tanith Location in Elden Ring
- This NPC moves
- This merchant can/can't be fought
- If defeated, drops: Consort's Set
- Can be given Dancer's Castanets.
Tanith Questline: How to complete Tanith's Quest
- When asked if you would like to join the Volcano Manor family, say yes and she will give you the Drawing-Room Key. This will allow you to access the other dorms and meet the other NPCs in the area.
- Once you enter the room with Rya, there will be a Letter from Volcano Manor left on the table for you along with a Recusant Finger. Read the note and return to Tanith where she will tell you to assassinate Old Knight Istvan.
- In order to assassinate Istvan, you will need to invade him back in Stormhill, next to the Divine Bridge. [Map Link]
- Return to Tanith and you'll be rewarded with Magma Shot.
- Reload. In the room with Knight Bernahl (second/third left door in hallway) will be a Letter from Volcano Manor on the table for you. Read the note and then assassinate Rileigh the Idle in Atlus Plateau.
- Return to Tanith and you'll be rewarded with the Serpentbone Blade.
- Reload. In the room with Knight Bernahl will be a Red Letter on the table for you. It tells you to assassinate Juno Hoslow, Knight of Blood. His invasion mark is located in Mountaintops of the Giants. [Elden Ring Map here]
- Return to Tanith and you'll be rewarded with Taker's Cameo.
- Note: If you have defeated Rykard, Lord of Blasphemy before returning, the reward will appear on the table on the same spot as the letters.
- Once you have completed her assassination quests, she will ask if you would like to meet their lord. Accepting her request takes you directly to a site of grace immediately before the boss Rykard, Lord of Blasphemy.
- Once you have defeated Rykard, return to Tanith and speak to her once more.
- Once Tanith has disappeared from Volcano Manor, you will find her back in Rykard's boss area feasting on his corpse. From here she can be killed for her gearset, Consort's Set. Doing so causes Tanith's Knight to invade you. Upon their defeat they will drop Aspect of the Crucible: Breath.
Dialogue in Elden Ring: Tanith
- Aren't you precocious. We rarely receive visitors to the Volcano Manor without invitation. Fascinating. And not unlike another guest we had long ago...So, Tarnished, have you ever harboured doubts? About the burden of grace, and the dogmatic ramblings of the Fingers? If you have, why not join the Volcano Manor, and fight with us? Rise with us, against the Erdtree.
Introduction after journeying with Rya
- Brave Tarnished, welcome to the Volcano Manor. I am Tanith, the proprietress of this house. Rya spoke well of you. "A warrior of promise", I believe she said. Perhaps you are prepared to make a commitment. Will you join us here at the Volcano Manor, and resist the tide? Why accept the burden of their grace, or be fooled by the dogmatic ramblings of the Fingers? Rise with us, against the Erdtree.
Join Volcano Manor
- Your decision is most welcome. Now you belong to the Volcano Manor family. The drawing room lies down the hall. Make yourself comfortable. I am Tanith, the proprietress of this house. An honour to have you. (Gives the Drawing-Room Key)
After you read the letter
- Did you read the letter left for you? That is the task the Volcano Manor desires you enact.You will be compensated once the deed is done. Good luck. If you are loath to hunt your own kin, so be it. But you must leave this house at once. This is a war against the Erdtree. We have no place for the meek, nor the luxury of keeping clean hands.
After completing the first quest
- You've completed your task. I am pleased. Now you are a recusant true, and a full-fledged member of the Volcano Manor. This is your reward as promised. (Gives Magma Shot). Never forget. That the recusant fights to tread the path of the champion. The way is tainted, but for this very reason, it is the true path to valour.
After completing the second quest
- I see you've performed another task for us. Here is your usual reward. Please, take it. (Gives Serpentbone Blade). Now, perhaps the time has come to tell you. Of the true ruler of this manor, Lord Rykard. The Erdtree blessed the Tarnished with grace. But it was all too meagre, in the fate of the enormity of their task. The Tarnished were forced to scavenge, squabbling for crumbs. Like the shardbearers, vying for power in the wake of the Shattering. Our Lord, indignant, had refused. To scurry about, fighting over what miserly scraps they allow us. If the Erdtree, and indeed the very gods, would debase us so, then we are willing to raise the banner of resistance, even if it means heresy. We at the Volcano Manor, under Lord Rykard, have sworn no rest until it is done. If you follow this heroic path, one day the Lord will see you. The Lord's visits with our champions are always a spectacle. I cannot come a day too soon!
After completing the third quest
- I see that you've stayed the path of champions. This is your usual reward. Please, take it. (Gives Taker's Cameo). Perhaps you are ready. Might you see our Lord? Our Lord will no doubt welcome you. Another kindred spirit, treading the path of champions.
- (See the Lord) Now, close your eyes for a moment. I will transport you to the Lord's chamber.
- Farewell, then. May your visit be fruitful.
After defeating Rykard
- You... It's true then. You've defeated out Lord. No, I must thank you. Our Lord was yet weak. You have taught us that. Defeat is not the end. Our Lord is immortal, and will one day rise again, stronger. Until then, I must stay the path, and do my part.
- I will leave the Volcano Manor before long. I suggest you do the same. I will miss these encounters. The champion who walks the tainted path shines all the more. I always was an admirer.
- This is farewell. Perhaps we will meet again, along the path.
- Did you see her? The girl, Rya... with her true face... Well, if she confided in you the name Zorayas, then perhaps it is not my place to speak. But as her adoptive mother, I ask of you. Please, be kind to her. Look after young Zorayas. Her true visage belies the purity of her heart... Honestly, I hardly deserve the sweet child.
- I should have known something was wrong. The signs were clear enough. Well, Zorayas has placed her trust in you. All the more reason I must tell you. That some things are better left unknown. Besides, no-one should be blamed for their heritage. Think about it. We are resisting the ways of the Erdtree itself. What matters one's lineage in such a crisis.
- And she has no scouting duties now. Has she gone off in search of answers? Why won't she just listen...
- May I ask your aid? Not as the Manor's proprietress, but as Zorayas' mother. If she discovers the answer to her question, and it causes distress, have her drink this potion. To purge that which would cause her pain. (Gives Tonic of Forgetfulness). Yes, I know. My wish is a grave disrespect to her. No different than the Erdtree's impostion. But I've no choice... It must be done.
After giving Rya the tonic
- I will never be a good mother. My heart is too frail. Our Lord must have known this all along. My meekness is all too clear...
- Sweet Zorayas, have I earned your scorn?
After killing Rya
- My gratitude for your forthrightness. If you would...allow me some time alone.
When you find her eating off Rykard's corpse
- Oh, you... Allow me some time. Our lord's carcass is vast and not easily consumed. Dear Rykard, please find purchase within me, I wish to be your serpent; your family. One day, let us devour the gods together.
- (Gives the Dancer's Castanets) What is it? I have no need of that. I must continue devouring my beloved lord.
Elden Ring Tanith Notes & Trivia
- Before Tanith came to Volcano Manor, she was working as a dancer. Rykard came upon her and made her his consort, making her the only human to remain on his side when he became the serpent of blasphemy. Tanith has shown to have a strong obsession for Rykard.
- The Consort's Mask dropped by Tanith raises your dexterity by 1.
Tanith Image Gallery