Incantation originating from the maddening Three Fingers.
Causes the yellow flame of frenzy to violently burst forth from the caster's eyes.
Hold to continue channeling the flame. This incantation can be used while in motion.
It is the maddening pain and unstoppable tears of those afflicted with the flame of frenzy brought into being.
Unendurable Frenzy Location in Elden Ring
Unendurable Frenzy can be found in the following location:
- Yelough Anix Ruins: Found in a chest inside an underground treasure room in the central section of the ruins. [Elden Ring Interactive Map Link]
In a four walled ruins on the western side. Reachable by double jumping with Torrent from the central building with the sleeping giant.
Elden Ring Unendurable Frenzy Guide
- Frenzied Flame Incantation
- Stamina Cost: 40
- Deals fire damage
- Inflicts Madness buildup (40) to opponents and (3) to self
- Continuously shoots semi-random, upward arcing projectiles in an area in front of the caster, and can be continued until the user has no more FP.
- Cerulean Hidden Tear can be used to cast this spell indefinitely for up to 15 seconds or until the Madness meter is filled completely.
- The user has some resistance to stagger when using this spell, so it can trade hits with smaller enemies quite well.
- The wide range of the attack makes it somewhat less effective against smaller, high health enemies.
- This can be mitigated by free aiming the camera slightly lower than it would otherwise be aiming at a locked on target. This will cause the projectiles to be fired straight into the target, rather than the normal upward arc.
- Madness damage continues to build if the spell is channeled for longer.
- This limits is effectiveness when coupled with the Cerulean Crystal Tear and/or Cerulean Hidden Tear, since the spell will be interrupted if the madness meter is filled completely.
- This also makes it the best item for inflicting Madness on the user, allowing one to trigger the Black Dumpling effect more reliably. However, it takes a considerable FP investment, or low focus to trigger madness in a single use of the spell. The FP investment can be mitigated by using Cerulean Hidden Tear.
- If madness is NOT triggered by this spell, when the spell ends (either voluntarily, or by consuming all available FP), it will trigger an additional attack, causing the user to throw their head back and shoot projectiles randomly in an area 360 degrees around the caster. This additional attack is used even if the user has no FP.
- This makes the spell useful as a crowd clearing tool even if you don't spend huge amounts of FP on it
- However, this makes the spell dangerous to use close to threatening enemies, since the additional attack cannot be interrupted, so you almost ensure that anything that survives the initial attack will be able to counter-attack.