Vulgar Militiamen are Humanoids in Elden Ring. Vulgar Militiamen are members of the Vulgar Militia, who wield long-hafted, serrated hatchets and bloodletting shotels. They are small and agile opponents, often lying in wait before ambushing their victims.
The spirit of three (3) Vulgar Militiamen can be summoned for aid in battle by using the Vulgar Militia Ashes.
In the Lands Between, the small were scorned, and so they formed their vulgar militia as a means to make a living, albeit in ignominy.
Freshly-singed battlegrounds effusing with the stench of the dead. Forbidden lands that will be excised from the memory of history. This is where the vulgur militia serve, as untiring, unsung watchkeepers.
Elden Ring Vulgar Militiamen Locations
Where to Find Vulgar Militiamen:
- Hiding in the undergrowth around Liurnia.
- The Miners' caves between Ravine-Veiled Village and Ruin-Strewn Precipice.
- Along the path between the Forbidden Lands grace and the Grand Lift of Rold.
- Near the Bestial Sanctum in the Dragonbarrow.
- Gaol Cave, Caelid.
Elden Ring Vulgar Militiamen Combat Information
- 346 HP (Liurnia of the Lakes - South of Scenic Isle, East of Slumbering Wolf's Shack)
- 368 HP (Ruin-Strewn Precipice)
- 411 HP (Altus Plateau - Golden Lineage Evergaol)
- 497 HP (Divine Tower of West Altus)
- 368 HP (Gaol Cave)
- 1,023 HP (Greyoll's Dragonbarrow - Northwest Farum Greatbridge)
- 741 HP (Leyndell, Royal Capital - Divine Tower of East Altus Entrance)
- 741 HP (Mountaintops of the Giants - Forbidden Lands Start)
- 1,051 HP (Hidden Path to the Haligtree)
- Poise: 30 - 35
The absorption numbers are the % of your damage that gets blocked. For example, if an absorption is 60, 40% of that damage by that type will go through and 60% is absorbed. Bigger number = less damage. An absorption of 100 means no damage goes through, and a resistance of -100 mean the enemy takes 2x damage from that source. 0 means damage goes pretty much as is.
The resistance numbers are the buildup amount to trigger it. For example, if a resistance is 100 you must deal 100 points of whatever aux buildup to trigger it. Note that these go down over time, and increase each time the effect procs.
Elden Ring Vulgar Militiamen Drops
- Vulgar Militia Set
- Vulgar Militia Saw
- Vulgar Militia Shotel
- 5x Kukri
- 112 (Liurnia of the Lakes - South of Scenic Isle, East of Slumbering Wolf's Shack)
- 177 (Ruin-Strewn Precipice)
- 317 (Altus Plateau - Golden Lineage Evergaol)
- 346 (Divine Tower of West Altus)
- 1094 (Gaol Cave)
- 1,023 (Greyoll's Dragonbarrow - Northwest Farum Greatbridge)
- 709 (Leyndell - Divine Tower of East Altus Entrance)
- 709 (Mountaintops of the Giants - Forbidden Lands Start)
- 1,559 (Hidden Path to the Haligtree)
Vulgar Militiamen Notes & Tips
- Outside the Bestial Sanctum, and just before the bridge with the dragon on it, there are at least 10 Vulgar Militiamen. Since there is a grace at the bridge, this is a very very good way to farm runes. Just run up and backstab them individually. Be careful, as they are rather tanky and strong for early game players.
- They were originally planned to use bear traps in game, but that has since been cut. The unused trap can be spawned in, but it does not deal damage.
- Vulgar Militiamen use one of three weapons: the Vulgar Militia Shotel, the Vulgar Militia Saw and an unobtainable chain sickle. The Shotel and Saw, as well as their armor, the Vulgar Militia Set, are dropped by them. Backstabbing them plays a unique animation due to their small size.
- A lone Vulgar Militiaman just west of the Farum Greatbridge Site of Grace provides a very easy and consistent method to farm Runes (approximately 130k/hr), available to low-level characters before defeating Margit, the Fell Omen. Run over, backstab it (easier at night and/or with Crepus's Vial [untested]), finish off any remaining health, then warp back to the Site of Grace and repeat. Each run takes under 30 seconds and rewards 1094 runes. Can also be used to farm the Vulgar Militia Set and Vulgar Militia Saw. An even faster and more consistent method can be done by running/riding close enough for spell range and firing 6 Magic Glintblades at 20 Int with the Meteorite Staff. [might be doable with less Int or optimized with a different spell/catalyst]. You can also ride past him and kill 2 more Militants nearby for a total of 3282 runes in a 50 second loop (over 200k runes/hr).
Elden Ring Vulgar Militiamen Image Gallery