Watchdog's Staff is a Colossal Weapon in Elden Ring. The Watchdog's Staff scales primarily with Strength, with reduced scaling in Dexterty, and is a potent Weapon for non-Int builds in nned of heavy ranged Magic damage.
Large stone staff embedded with glintstone. Wielded by Erdtree Burial Watchdogs who protect catacombs.
The Watchdogs, battered and broken over their lengthy tenure, rule the catacombs and are even said to command the imps.
Unique Skill: Sorcery of the Crozier
Channel magic into the glintstone to activate an ancient sorcery, producing floating magic projectiles that chase enemies automatically.
Where to Find Watchdog's Staff in Elden Ring
The Watchdog's Staff weapon can be found at the following location:
- Located in Road's End Catacombs in Liurnia of the Lakes [Elden Ring Map Link]
- From the lever, travel down both flights of stairs. Turn around, and hit an illusory wall that gets you to a hidden room that's underneath the grassy platform between both flights of stairs. The Staff is picked up from the corpse in this hidden room.
Elden Ring Watchdog's Staff Notes & Tips
- Weapon Skill: Sorcery of the Crozier
- This weapon cannot be infused with Ashes of War.
- Cannot be enchanted with Magic nor buffed by Consumables.
- Watchdog's Staff can be upgraded by using Somber Smithing Stones.
- Sell Value: 200 Runes.
- Sorcery of the Crozier at +10 does a total of 1369 Magic damage. This damage scales only with weapon upgrade level.
- This also makes for a powerful homing ranged damage option for melee builds that otherwise have minimal spellcasting investment.
- Projectile tracking may behave oddly against enemies with large hitboxes or multiple lock-on points.
- AoW can be boosted by: Ritual Sword Talisman, Magic Scorpion Charm, and Golden Vow.
- The Ash of War IS boosted now by Spellblade Set, as of 1.07
- Shard of Alexander DOES now boost the damage of this ability as of 1.07
- AoW damage does not decrease with any equipment that lowers weapon AR.
- NOTE: As of Patch 1.08, Colossal Weapons poise damage has been reduced.
- Other notes and player tips go here.
Moveset & Videos in Elden Ring for Watchdog's Staff
Watchdog's Staff Upgrades in Elden Ring
Please see the Upgrades page to understand the weapon bolstering process.
Requires regular reinforcement with Somber Smithing Stones.
|Attack Power||Stat Scaling||Passive Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|
|Elden Ring Colossal Weapons|