Enables the ability to teleport to another set location
Waygates in Elden Ring are transporter portals or gateways that teleport players to a set location when interacted with. They are also referred to as Sending Gates or Gateways. Each Waygate will teleport the player to one set location. Before it is used, players will be prompted with the option to travel to another location. They are located throughout different regions and their destinations vary.
Other teleporters include Transporter Traps which are presented as regular chest and Teleporter Coffins found around the Underground Map which appears as an empty coffin. This page includes information and locations on all teleporting systems including Sending Gates and Transporter Traps.
What are Teleporter Chests or Transporter Traps in Elden Ring?
Teleporter Chests, or transporter traps, have the same use, except players will not be prompted with the option to refuse the teleport. These may be opened unknowingly since they are made like any other chest. Opening these may transport players into difficult situations or dungeons, so its best to be aware of their whereabouts. As players open these chest, a puff of smoke will emerge before they are informed that they are Ensnared in a transporter trap.
All Waygate & Transporter Trap Locations
- Dragon-Burnt Ruins: Transporter Trap. Chest at an underground cellar in Dragon-Burnt Ruins. It will teleport you to the Sellia Crystal Tunnel in Caelid. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Murkwater Cave: Transporter Trap. The second chest where you first meet Patches will take you to the middle of Limgrave, just west of the Minor Erdtree (Mistwood).
- Stormveil Castle Bridge: Waygate found at the edge of the bridge where it's been broken, past all the Golems. Transports you past the broken bridge sections directly to the Divine Tower of Limgrave. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Third Church of Marika: Waygate to the Bestial Sanctum in Caelid. See D, Hunter of the Dead for details. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Tower of Return: Transporter Trap. Found atop the Tower of Return. Transports you to Leyndell, Royal Capital upon opening. [Elden Ring Map Link]
Liurnia of the Lakes
- East Liurnia: Waygate teleports players to the western side of Liurnia of the Lakes, by the Northern Liurnia Lakeshore Site of Grace [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Laskyar Ruins: Waygate that transports the user to the Raya Lucaria Academy main entrance. Found in a gazebo in the center of the Laskyar Ruins. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Purified Ruins: Waygate Leads to the entrance of the Academy of Raya Lucaria [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Raya Lucaria Academy: Teleporter Waygate located past the Iron ball trap. Transports users to the Church of Vows. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Renna's Rise: Waygate. Found at the top of Renna's Rise. Teleports you to Ainsel River Main. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- The Four Belfries: Teleporter Waygate that transports you to the Crumbling Farum Azula. Requires an Imbued Sword Key. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- The Four Belfries: Teleporter Waygate at The Four Belfries that transports you to Nokron, Eternal City (Part of Siofra River inaccessible without the waygate) tRequires an Imbued Sword Key. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- The Four Belfries: A Teleporter Waygate at The Four Belfries that transports you to the Chapel of Anticipation. The same location you begin the game in. Requires an Imbued Sword Key. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Volcano Manor: Waygate. Found on a balcony at the top of the stairs of a temple in Volcano Manor dungeon. Teleports you to the Rykard, Lord of Blasphemy boss fight. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Fort Gael: Located at the top of the watchtower of Fort Gael. Transports you to Redmane Castle island just past the Impassable Greatbridge. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Caelid: Teleporter Waygate located next to Impasable Greatbridge site of grace. Teleports you to Redmane Castle courtyard just outside the plaza. Only active after Radahn Festival is started. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Redmane Castle: Impassible Greatbridge waygate across the greatbridge towards Redmane Castle. Teleports you to the waygate inside Redmane Castle. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Redmane Castle: Teleporter Waygate located southwest of Chamber Outside the Plaza site of grace. Teleports you to the waygate next to Impasable Greatbridge site of grace. Only active after Radahn Festival is started. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Redmane Castle: Teleporter Wayate found on the shores in the north of Redmane Castle. Transports you to the Wailing Dunes in the north where you can fight Starscourge Radahn. This gate can be found by taking the side exit from the chapel and descending the lift onto the shores. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Minor Erdtree (Altus Plateau) South: Waygate. Next to Forest-Spanning Greatbridge Site of Grace. Teleports you to the other side of the destroyed bridge. [Elden Ring Map Link]
Leyndell, Royal Capital
- Leyndell Royal Capital: In the area reached via the Transporter Trap on top of the Tower of Return, after you have activated the elevator near the first floor of the Fortified Manor in Leyndell Royal Capital, there will be an activated Waygate opposite the chest at the end. This will lead you to the Isolated Divine Tower. [Elden Ring Map Link]
Mountaintops of the Giants & Consecrated Snowfield
- Consecrated Snowfield: Waygate. Located east of the Albinauric Rise. Teleports you across the ravine to the northern side of the river. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Ordina, Liturgical Town: Waygate to Miquella's Haligtree. Accessible only after completing the Evergaol Puzzle. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- West Consecrated Snowfield Waygate. Teleports players to the underground area beneath Caelid, called Mohgwyn Palace. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Deeproot Depths: Teleporter Coffin. There's an opened Coffin in which you can rest in to be transported to Ainsel River Main. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Deeproot Depths: Waygate. There's a waygate in Prince of Death's Throne. Accessible after defeating Fia's Champions and having at least 2 Great Runes. Teleports you to Capital Rampart in Leyndell. Inaccessible after Leyndell turns into Ashen Capital. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Lake of Rot: Teleporter Coffin. In the Grand Cloister that takes you to the Astel, Nautralborn of the Void boss fight. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Night's Sacred Ground: Waygate. Found in front of the massive skeleton statue in Night's Sacred Ground. Teleports you back to the Ancestral Woods Site of Grace. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Nokron: Teleporter Coffin. Rest in Coffin to use. An open coffin north of the Great Waterfall Basin Site of Grace that takes you to Deeproot Depths. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Siofra River South: Waygate. Found on a small island opposite to Hallowhorn Grounds. Transports you to the ground level of the north-eastern section of Siofra River. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Siofra River East: Waygate. Found on a hill surrounded by large stone bricks. Transports you to the highest level over the top of the waterfall in the northern section of Siofra River. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Siofra River East: Waygate. It teleports you forth and back from the South Waygate found in Siofra River [Elden Ring Map Link]
Waygate & Transporter Trap Notes & Tips
- If the Transporter Trap in Dragon-Burnt Ruins is accidentally triggered, players will find themselves in a shack un Sellia Crystal Tunnel players can find the closest Site of Grace by following the tunnels south, avoiding enemies if they choose to. Keep to the tunnel on the left and there will eventually be a drop down area with a ladder. The Site of Grace is just ahead.
Waygate & Transporter Trap Gallery