Witch-Hunter Jerren is an NPC in Elden Ring. Witch-Hunter Jerren, also known as Castellan Jerren, is a part of the Sorceress Sellen questline. He can also be seen as a herald, making proclamations about the Radahn Festival around Redmane Castle just as the festival is getting prepared to start. He then, initiates the festival. Jerren has the opportunity to fight alongside players as an NPC Summon.
I am Jerren. Foolish old warrior, and witness. Incidentally, do you like a good festival, from time to time?
Witch-Hunter Jerren Location in Elden Ring
Witch-Hunter Jerren can be found at church at Redmane Castle.
- This NPC moves
- This merchant can be fought
- If defeated, drops: Eccentric Set
Witch-Hunter Jerren Questline: How to complete Witch-Hunter Jerren's Quest
In order to proceed with these quests that involve Sorceress Sellen, Starscourge Radahn must be defeated. You can then find Jerren seated at Redmane Castle, north of the Chamber Outside the Plaza Site of Grace. [Map Link]
If he is not at Redmane Castle, he is likely already at his second location in Witchbane Ruins. Speak to him then you can find him next where you previously found the chained Sorceress Sellen in Witchbane Ruins.
If you still cannot locate Jerren in the Witchbane Ruins, you may need to further progress in the Sorceress Sellen questline. At his point you will probably need to bring Sellen's stone to the puppet body in Seluvis' secret basement by the three sister towers in north Liurnia before he will appear with Sellen's body in this location.
The next encounter should be at the Raya Lucaria Academy Library. [Map Link] You will be given a choice to side with Sellen or Jerren. If you choose to side with Jerren, you will be engaging in combat alongside him against Sellen.
Siding with Sellen
If you side with Sellen and defeat Jerren, his armor set, Eccentric Set is obtained. This includes the Eccentric's Hood, Eccentric's Armor, Eccentric's Manchettes, and Eccentric's Breeches. You can also gain the Glintstone Kris from Sellen as a reward and gain access to Shard Spiral for purchase.
Siding with Jerren
Choose to side with Jerren and you will obtain Sellen's Bell Bearing, and Witch's Glintstone Crown upon the defeat of Sellen. He will also reward you with an Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone after speaking with him. You will find him where his summon sign was outside the Grand Library Site of Grace.
Dialogue in Elden Ring: Witch-Hunter Jerren
Introduction before the festival§
- Oh, Tarnished, are you? How did you slip inside, with the gate closed? Hmph. No matter. If you can fell one of them, you're a champion, in my book. I am Jerren. Foolish old warrior, and witness. Incidentally, do you like a good festival, from time to time? Well, it's true, this fortress houses only the vanquished. But when the stars align, we celebrate. A war festival honoring the last battle and death of General Radahn, the mightiest demigod of the Shattering, and bearer of a Great Rune.
- [I'm not the festive type] Well, you're not much fun, are you, chum? No matter. One day you will see. That true warriors bask in glory at the festival.
- [About Iji] Well, I haven't heard that name in an age. Then you must serve Princess Ranni? The next time you speak to Iji, tell him this: The festival of Radahn will surely set Ranni's fate into motion. By the by... Is that old fool still hammering out weapons? His enormous frame, cramped in that little place... Bit of a haughty sort. Strange fella, when I knew him. And funny thing, his swords were all blunt as stone. But not one of them decayed when faced with the scarlet rot...
- Go on, now. This old geezer hasn't any use for you just yet.
§After the festival
- At last, the war festival has ended. Brave champion you have our gratitude. The Celebration was spectacular. General Radahn is surely pleased. Festering with rot, and crippled by madness, all he wanted was an honorable death.
- Finally, my work is done. I am no longer bound to this fortress. I have a task in mind. Old business you could say. You wouldn't understand. May we meet again if the fates deign it, brave champion.
- Champions, welcome! The stars have aligned! The festival is nigh! General Radahn, mightiest demigod of the Shattering, awaits you! A celebration of war! The Radahn Festival!
- Are you good and prepared, young chum? The festival begins!
- Ah, well met. I hardly expected to see the champion of the festival here of all places. You didn't ... know Sellen did you? Well, whatever the case, she's dead now. Just put it behind you. She was known as the graven witch Obsessed by the primeval current, countless sorcerers fell to her hands. The most dangerous mage in the entire history of Raya Lucaria's Academy
- It is strange through. The woman, she was like a husk, her soul already fled. I suspect Sellen lives on, elsewhere. I'm sure she'll turn up eventually, in another body. A sickening thought, but one that won't stop gnawing at me.
Siding with Jerren, during Sorceress Sellen invasion
- "Sellen, Graven Witch, enemy of Caria.
I vow this time to crush both your frame and your primal glintstone.
I am Jerren, bringer of your death. Do not forget."
- My thanks, for the aid given. I heard from Iji that Lady Ranni might have found herself a champion. But I didn't know he was talking about you. You've helped me fulfil an old promise. This is the least I can do for you. Please, take it.
[Hands you x1 Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone]
- Well, I must be leaving now. Brave warrior, if the fates deign it.. No, we shall indeed meet again, at the next glorious tourney.
- Well, I must be leaving now. If the fates deign it, may we meet again, Tarnished.
- Ugh! What's the matter with you? You trying to get revenge?
- (Combat) Very well. If the Graven Witch put you under her spell, you must be eliminated...
- (On player kill) Rest now. Alongside the witch's corpse.
- (On death) You...are a menace... Iji...beware...
Elden Ring Witch-Hunter Jerren Notes & Trivia
- Can be summoned during the second phase of Radahn's boss fight
- In combat, Jerren wields a Flamberge with the Flaming Strike Ash of War, and a Carian Glintblade Staff, which he uses to cast Magic Glintblade.
- This set's design is inspired directly from the armor once worn by German Landsknecht, elite mercenaries who were often hired and served underneath the Holy Roman Empire. They were especially famous for their use of the Zweihander greatsword.
- His set is very similar in appearance to Slave Knight Gael, along with the hood and beard.