Chanting Winged Dame is a Humanoid Creature in Elden Ring. Chanting Winged Dame is a hostile, eerie bat creature. However, they are lighter and have human-like facial features. Chanting Winged Dames are often found meditating and reciting ancient chants in Latin, surrounded by Giant Bats at great heights or dark places. Their song can be interrupted when they are hit, after which they will attack.
Chanting Winged Dame Location in Elden Ring
Where to Find Chanting Winged Dame:
- Players can encounter Chanting Winged Dame at Ruin-Strewn Precipice.
- Minor Erdtree (Weeping Peninsula)
Chanting Winged Dame Drops in Elden Ring
Chanting Winged Dame Lyrics
Chanting Winged Dames sing a series of melodic Latin verses. This song is the only one in the game truly in Latin. The Latin lyrics and English translation of the song of lament were confirmed by youtuber Antonius Tertius (aka MAGISTER-ORGANI on Reddit) who contacted the lyricist and singers who worked in Elden Ring.
Latin Lyrics: O, locus ille, beatus quondam, nunc deminuit.
Nos, destinatae matribus, nunc fiunt turpes.
sed nemo nos consolatur. Aureum cui irascebaris?
Alas, that land, once blessed, now has dimished.
We, destined to be mothers, now become tarnished.
We have lamented and we have shed tears.
But no one consoles us.
Golden one, at whom were you angry?
Elden Ring Chanting Winged Dame Notes & Tips
- There is one official mistake in the lyrics: "fiunt" (the've become) was actually intended to be fimus (we've become), but as the lyricist had no time to revise the text, "fiunt" was kept in the lyrics. Also, some adjustments were made in the lyricist's text before the song was recorded. This and other backstage information regarding Elden Ring music comes from Antonius Tertius YT channel who directly contacted the lyricist on March 2022.
- The Hungarian singer Csádi Nóra is the official performer of this Latin song, this was also confirmed by Antonius Tertius who contacted the Hungarian choir.
- The poem appears to be written in the format of Latin elegiac couplets. Elegiac couplets is a form of poetry that consists of two lines of verse, typically in dactylic hexameter followed by dactylic pentameter. This form of poetry is characterized by its use of an alternating pattern of long and short syllables, and is often used to express grief or mourning.
- In this poem, the first line has 12 syllables and the second line has 11 syllables, this format is consistent throughout the poem. The poem also has a consistent rhyme scheme, with the first and second line of each couplet rhyming.
- It's a traditional form of poetry that was widely used in the ancient Roman world, it's often used for lamenting, reflecting on the past or expressing sorrow.
- They are often accompanied by Giant Bats.
- One variant, the hairnet variant, often spits a mist of poison and are tough to deal with in groups, they are vulnerable from behind and will be stunned by a few repeated strikes.
Another variant, wearing a crown-helmet, throws Glintstone Scraps at its targets, and can summon six vengeful spirits to chase down players, similar to Rancorcall.
- Like most flying enemies, they can be stunned with Gravity Sorceries or any other Gravity related Ash of War.
Chanting Winged Dame Image Gallery