Elden Ring Wiki Guide: Multiplayer, Bosses, Secrets, Riding, Skills, Walkthrough, and more for Elden Ring!
The new From Software game in collaboration with George. R.R. Martin!
When does Elden Ring Release?
Elden Ring does not yet have a release date, but given the lack of gameplay as of November 2019, it is expected that the game will skip FromSoftware's typical March release window and instead be released in Summer or Autumn 2020. This means you can expect to see the game from May to October 2020. No news was announced at the 2019 Game Awards.
When will Elden Ring Gameplay be Shown?
It is rumored that the game will be seen at The Game Awards in December 2019. If this is revealed, you'll be able to find lots of information and analysis here on the Elden Ring Wiki.
Elden Ring Reveal
Elden Ring, developed by FromSoftware and BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc, is a fantasy action-RPG adventure set within a world created by Hidetaka Miyazaki -creator of the influential DARK SOULS video game series, and George R R Martin - author of The New York Times best-selling fantasy series, A Song of Ice and Fire. Danger and discovery lurk around every corner in FromSoftware's largest game to-date.
Hidetaka Miyazaki, President and Game Director of FromSoftware Inc known for directing critically-acclaimed games in beloved franchises including Armored Core, Dark Souls, Bloodborne and Sekiro Shadows Die Twice.
George R R Martin is the On the New York Times bestselling author of many novels, including the acclaimed series A Song of Ice and One - A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords, A Feast For Crows, and A Dance with Dragons. As a writer-producer, he has worked on The Twilight Zone, Beauty and the Beast, and various feature films and pilots that were never made.
Elden Ring Features
- Elden Ring has been in production since the end of the Dark Souls III DLC.
This is in contrast to Sekiro, that begun production in 2015 after Bloodborne.
- Elden Ring will release on PC, Xbox One and Playstation 4
- Bandai Namco is publishing and has registered the Elden Ring IP
- Elden Ring Release Date – From our observations
The release window for this game is unlikely to match FromSoftware’s traditional March-April, and is more likely to fall into Dark Souls’ September-October release.
- “Elden Ring is a third-person action RPG with a fantasy setting… gameplay is not so far from Dark Souls… Elden Ring belongs to the same genre.”
- Plethora of weapons, magic and builds, and a focus on RPG elements. FromSoftware expects equipment variety to be larger than Souls in this regard.
- No main fixed protagonist, players create the characteristics and personality of their character. This leads us to believe Character Creation is a given.
- The World of Elden Ring is vast and interconnected. No longer a continuity of “levels”, players see vast landscapes in between the “dungeon-esque” areas.
- The larger world scale allows for freedom, promotes exploration, and introduces new and exciting mechanics, such as Horse Riding and Mounted Combat.
- Elden Ring is a “natural evolution of Dark Souls.” New mechanics needed by this larger world. Expect FromSoftware’s trademark challenging boss battles.
- Towns won’t be full of villagers, merchants and the like. They will be ruins, dungeons and exploration hubs. As Souls there is no vast population of NPCs.
- The NPCs the player finds are expected to be the most compelling yet in the studio’s work, thanks to Martin’s involvement in the Mythos.
George R. R. Martin has written the world’s mythos and Hidetaka Miyazaki has written the game story.
- Story will be revealed through “fragments of environmental storytelling” as in previous Souls games.
- Mythos and the present moment of the player are connected and exploration will lead players to understand why things are as they are.
- There is no information at time of writing about multiplayer/online/invasions.
Elden Ring Official Images