Rebirth or Respec in Elden Ring is a mechanic to reset your Character Stats. Respeccing in Elden Ring is often used to make drastic changes to a player's Build, reallocating attribute points to satisfy the stat requirements of new Weapons, Spells, or other such equipment. This page includes all information required for Rebirth, including prerequisites, Locations, and Items.
- See Stats for a rundown of attribute points, attack power, damage negation, and all other player stats.
- See Leveling for details on how to level, a breakdown of runes necessary per level, and more.
- See Runes for details on acquiring runes and rune acquisition boosting equipment.
Respeccing in Elden Ring
How to Respec in Elden Ring
How Respec works in Elden Ring
With the Rebirth menu, you can spend Larval Tears to clear your levels and reassign them from square one.
You must reassign all levels until you reach your present level and cannot make any attributes lower than their initial level determined by your origin.
The Larval Tear is consumed only after confirming your allocation of stats by responding "Yes" to the prompt of "Undergo rebirth?" - backing out of the menu before finishing will not expend a tear.
Where to find Larval Tears in Elden Ring
There are eighteen (18) Larval Tears to find in Elden Ring:
- Dropped by a Lesser Runebear disguised as a lone sword-wielding Wandering Noble standing directly east of the Agheel Lake South Site of Grace. [Map Link]
- Found in the graveyard of the town, at Village of the Albinaurics. [Map Link]
- Dropped by a Grafted Scion disguised as a Giant Crayfish patrolling around the gazebo between Rose Church and Boilprawn Shack. There are four Giant Crayfish in this area, three of them are sleeping and one is patrolling. The disguised Grafted Scion is the one patrolling. Easily reached by:
- Going south from Fallen Ruins of the Lake site of grace, or
- Going northeast from Folly on the Lake site of grace, or
- Going northwest from Boilprawn Shack site of grace. [Map Link]
- Found in the graveyard east of Caria Manor after obtaining the Resurrection Painting. This area can only be reached after defeating Royal Knight Loretta. The item is found by touching a ghost sitting on a chair at the graveyard. The ghost disappears as soon as you touch it and the Larval Tear will appear on the ground along with a Juvenile Scholar Cap and Juvenile Scholar Robe. [Map Link]
- Purchased from Pidia, Carian Servant for 3000 runes (once only). He can be reached after defeating Royal Knight Loretta by dropping down the cliffs from the southeastern side of the Three Sisters sub-area onto a balcony.
- Dropped by a Troll disguised as a Wandering Noble in Caelid, by the stone coffins on the cliff south of the Caelid Highway South Site of Grace. [Map Link]
Altus Plateau 
- Dropped by a Lion Guardian disguised as an Wandering Noble cowering in a corner in the unnamed ruins southeast of Windmill Village. The ruins are on the clifftops, most easily reached by going north from the Rampartside Path site of grace. [Map Link]
- Dropped by Colossal Wormface disguised as charred corpse. Due east from the Road of Iniquity grace, upon entering the ruined camp, and next to the first corpse fire will be the charred remains enemy. [Map Link]
- Dropped by a Lesser Runebear disguised as a pilgrim in the Consecrated Snowfield. The disguised pilgrim is half-buried in snow with two other pilgrims, one carrying a torch, standing around it. They are located southeast of the Inner Consecrated Snowfield site of grace, nearly on the straight-line path between the grace and the Consecrated Snowfield Catacombs.[Map Link]
Siofra River 
- Found on a corpse inside the stone building southeast of the Nokron, Eternal City Site of Grace. [Map Link]
- Found on a corpse in the middle of a gazebo in Nokron, Eternal City. When approaching the corpse, slimes will fall down. [Map Link]
- Dropped by a Silver Tear disguised as a large inanimate ball in Night's Sacred Ground. [Map Link]
- Two (2) dropped by Mimic Tear when defeated. [Map Link]
- Dropped by a Silver Tear disguised as a large inanimate ball on the bridge in Nokstella, Eternal City. [Map Link]
- Dropped by a Silver Tear disguised as a large inanimate ball in the north east building after the bridge in Nokstella, Eternal City.
- Dropped by a Silver Tear disguised as a large inanimate ball after the bridge up the stairs in the immediate building after reaching the top in Nokstella, Eternal City.
Respec Location in Elden Ring
Prerequisite Bosses which must be defeated before being able to respec:
Its significance lies in its description, telling of its ability to "perfect those who have been born anew."