Giant Crayfish is a Wildlife Creature in Elden Ring.
Giant Crayfish are often found in shallow bodies of water such as those found in Liurnia of the Lakes. They have tough outer shells and giant pincers adept at crushing unfortunate prey.
Elden Ring Giant Crayfish Locations
Where to Find Giant Crayfish:
- Marshes and shallows of Liurnia of the Lakes.
- A Grafted Scion that drops Larval Tear is disguised as a Giant Crayfish patrolling around the gazebo between Rose Church and Boilprawn Shack. There are four Giant Crayfish in this area, three of them are sleeping and one is patrolling. The disguised Grafted Scion is the one patrolling. Easily reached by:
- Going south from Fallen Ruins of the Lake site of grace, or
- Going northeast from Folly on the Lake site of grace, or
- Going northwest from Boilprawn Shack site of grace. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Lower area of Subterranean Shunning-Grounds.
- Freezing Lake in the Mountaintops of the Giants.
Elden Ring Giant Crayfish Combat Information
- Poise: 80
Values in Red correspond to the Mountaintops of the Giants variant.
The absorption numbers are the % of your damage that gets blocked. For example, if an absorption is 60, 40% of that damage by that type will go through and 60% is absorbed. Bigger number = less damage. An absorption of 100 means no damage goes through, and a resistance of -100 mean the enemy takes 2x damage from that source. 0 means damage goes pretty much as is.
- Poison: 324 - 343
- Scarlet Rot: 324 - 343
- Hemorrhage: 324 - 343
- Frostbite: 176 - 187 || IMMUNE
- Sleep: 176 - 187
The resistance numbers are the buildup amount to trigger it. For example, if a resistance is 100 you must deal 100 points of whatever aux buildup to trigger it. Note that these go down over time, and increase each time the effect procs.
Elden Ring Giant Crayfish Drops
Giant Crayfish Notes & Tips
- Can be staggered and riposted after being hit on the head a few times. Poise: 80.
- Parryable: No
- Deals Standard Damage and can perform a deadly grab attack, telegraphed by raising their left claw.
- Their notorious spit attack has possibly the longest range in the entire game, and can traveling roughly 1,500m before disappearing.
- Very vulnerable to attacks from below (can be performed with skills like Giant Hunt).
- There are some Crayfish that have eggs on them. They are always found sleeping in a large group.
- Often confused for Lobsters, though their AI is called “Zarigani,” which is Japanese for Crayfish.
- Have 2 riposte points:
- Abdomen, when riposte is performed after poise-break
- Head, when riposte is performed after putting to sleep
- Red-eyed variants always drop Smithing Stones, but are much more tankier.
They also have a strange wriggling mass on their undersides, likely referencing parasites that target crustaceans such as the lungworm. This mesh is labeled “worm” in the files.
Giant Crayfish Image Gallery