Ancestral Follower is an Enemy in Elden Ring. Ancestral Followers are brawny tribesmen versed in distinctive spiritual arts. These spectral bull-headed warriors seemingly come out of thin air or can be found chanting at braziers around Siofra River. These warriors attack with a variety of weapons - some wield a large axe, some a scythe, and others can swap between a hand axe and a longbow. A corporeal variation of this enemy can be found in Nokron, Eternal City.
Horned folk who eschew letters and metalworking. The ancestral followers keep their distance from the Erdtree, awaiting new buds. They are certain to sprout from their very flesh, and indeed, their souls.
Elden Ring Ancestral Follower Locations
Where to Find Ancestral Follower:
- Siofra River
- Liurnia of the Lakes, in the north east part of the region near the minor Erdtree.
- Nokron, Eternal City
- Consecrated Snowfield, guarding Stalwart Horn Charm +1
- A lone Follower is found in the middle of the Lake of Rot, in the southeast of the Lake of Rot Shoreside Site of Grace.
Elden Ring Ancestral Follower Drops
|Runes||100%||182 - 2311|
|Dwelling Arrow (x5)||10.00%||N/A|
|Great Horned Headband||1.50%||N/A|
|Thin Beast Bones||10.00%||N/A|
|Immunizing Horn Charm +1||100%||Found in the Lake of Rot as a guaranteed item drop from the Ancestral Follower SE of the Lake of Rot Shoreside Grace. Elden Ring Interactive Map Link|
Ancestral Follower Notes & Tips
- Ancestral Followers that wield a bow can spot you from a long distance. This, along with their arrows' high speed can make it difficult to dodge their incoming shots. If you find yourself dying often to these enemies, try breaking their line of sight, or approach them slowly, hiding behind objects each time they take a shot at you.
- Lore bits on the Ancestral Followers can be found on the descriptions for Fur Leggings and Ancestral Infant's Head.
- Like other enemies with light armour, they have low poise. Heavy melee attacks can easily break their posture allowing free hits or criticals.
- They are slow creatures, making it easier to flank and backstab them at close range. Depending on their location (like the River Siofra), they are often stationary, and can be stealthed around and ambushed.
- There are also Ancestral Follower Shamans in Nokron, Eternal City as well as the Consecrated Snowfield.
- In the 1.00 version of the game, there was a variant of Ancestral Followers and Shamans infested with Scarlet Rot, which were placed at the Grand Cloister. They were eventually replaced by Lesser Kindred of Rot (Pests) and the Ancestral Follower variants became unused content.
Ancestral Follower Image Gallery