Monstrous Dog is an Enemy in Elden Ring. Monstrous Dogs are massive dogs that have grown to be much larger than normal, with smaller forelegs in exchange for bigger and stronger hind legs. They often chase after anything, and are fast enough to catch up even on horseback.
Elden Ring Monstrous Dog Locations
Where to Find Monstrous Dog:
- Found everwhere in Caelid
- A unique variant always spawns outside of Gowry's Shack.
- A pair appear to be watching herds of hostile sheep at the Shack of the Rotting
- Some are near the Hermit Merchant’s shack in the Dragonbarrow.
- Found past the frozen lake in the Mountaintops.
Elden Ring Monstrous Dog Drops
Monstrous Dog Notes & Tips
- This enemy will often lunge towards the player and attempt to bite/grab. The damage is very high, even for higher level players, but can mostly be avoided by sidestepping.
- The one near Gowry is wearing a spiked collar and also has a unique move where it sprays a cloud of rot. It seems to act as a sort of guard dog.
- There are white furred and red-eyed variants that howl upon noticing you. This will alert the other dogs to attack.
- They can hit and even kill each other if they get too close.
- Can be poise-broken, which allows for a critical hit on its head.
- They are highly susceptible to Sleep Pots.
- 1 Sleep Pot at Faith 22, Int 15 will put one Monstrous Dog to sleep.
- The Beast-Repellent Torch prevents them from attacking the player until attacked, with exceptions:
- The red-eyed variants in Caelid attack the player, regardless of the torch.
- The regular and red-eyed variants in the Mountaintops of the Giants also ignore the pacifying effect.
Elden Ring Monstrous Dog Gallery