Giant Rat is a Wildlife Creature in Elden Ring. Giant Rats are hostile creatures even if not attacked, and are usually seen in abandoned areas or within caves. They vary in size, ranging from small normal-sized Rats, to large human-sized Rats. These rodent creatures may very well attack alone, but will often charge in groups, therefore making them a considerable threat.
A group of Giant Rats can be summoned for aid as spirits by using the Giant Rat Ashes.
[They] swarm upon their victims... These vermin seem to multiply incessantly.
Giant Rat Location in Elden Ring
Where to Find Giant Rats:
- Caves and underground locations such as Limgrave Tunnels and Dragon-Burnt Ruins.
- Within Ailing Village and Callu Baptismal Church. Excellent place to farm Rune Arcs.
- Inside Tombsward Cave.
- Within the sewage section of Leyndell, Royal Capital.
- Castle Sol
Giant Rat Drops in Elden Ring
Elden Ring Giant Rat Notes & Tips
- These creatures share the same moveset as previous Souls games, but do not inflict plague or similar status effects. Be careful not to get mobbed by them.
- Like any animal-type enemy, it is suspectible to Slash and Fire Damage
- Parryable: No
- Can be poise broken and riposted.
Giant Rat Image Gallery