Malformed Star is an Enemy in Elden Ring. Malformed Stars are strange insectoid creatures with rock-like debris comprising their bodies and human skulls for heads. They hang from the ceiling and are able to shoot multiple rocks at players from a far distance. When at close-range, they will bite any player that gets too close.
They are special enemies in that they do not respawn when killed.
Elden Ring Malformed Star Locations
Where to Find Malformed Star:
- Uhl Palace Ruins
- Ainsel River Main. Guarding the entrance to northern Uhl Palace Ruins
- Altus Tunnel and Perfumer's Grotto (connected dungeon)
Elden Ring Malformed Star Drops
- 3844 - 7995 Runes
- Somber Smithing Stone , guaranteed drop from only the one in Ainsel River Main specifically.
Malformed Star Notes & Tips
- These are a similar in appearance to Astel, Naturalborn of the Void. According to the description of the Remembrance of the Naturalborn, Astel is a part of this group, likely being a fully-grown specimen.
- The encounter in the northern section of the Uhl Palace Ruins has plenty of cover, allowing you to get close enough to lock on to its head. In this instance, using Kukri will deal significant damage.
- They resemble antlions, having the body and wings of the adult and the large and deadly mouthparts of the larva.
- The way the creatures hang upside down is similar to how certain insect larva spin a cocoon to await maturity, or how nymphs hang onto branches to molt into their adult forms. This could assume that these creatures are immature juveniles, and are immobile due to being in metamorphosis.