Malformed Star is an Enemy in Elden Ring. Malformed Stars are strange insectoid creatures with debris comprising their bodies and human skulls for heads. They hang from the ceiling and are able to shoot multiple rocks at players from a far distance. When at close-range, they will bite any player that gets too close.
Elden Ring Malformed Star Locations
Where to Find Malformed Star:
- Uhl Palace Ruins
- Ainsel River Main. Guarding the entrance to northern Uhl Palace Ruins
- Altus Tunnel and Perfumer's Grotto (connected dungeon)
Elden Ring Malformed Star Drops
- 3844 - 7995 Runes
- Somber Smithing Stone , guaranteed drop from only the one in Ainsel River Main specifically.
Malformed Star Notes & Tips
- These are a similar in appearance to Astel, Naturalborn of the Void. According to the description of the Remembrance of the Naturalborn, Astel is a member of the Malformed Stars.
- The encounter in the northern section of the Uhl Palace Ruins has plenty of cover, allowing you to get close enough to lock on to its head. In this instance, using Kukri will deal significant damage.
- They resemble antlions, having the wings of the adult and the large mouthparts of a larva.
- The way the creatures hang upside down is similar to how insect larva (like caterpillars) spin a chrysalis or cocoon to await maturity. In this way, these creatures could be considered juveniles or pupae.