The lesser giants who fought for the Erdtree during the War against the Giants long ago. Though the giants have lost their minds, they stay inseparable from their swords that are in sad shape—such that the gold plating had flaked away.
Troll Location in Elden Ring
Where to Find Trolls:
- Trolls are found almost everywhere in the Lands Between, from Limgrave to the Consecrated Snowfield.
- Many are often protecting certain areas, or towing around large carriages with treasure in the back. These are always unarmed, and have a large spike through their midsection, which is chained to the carriage itself.
Troll Drops in Elden Ring
- 1000 - 7800 Runes
|Enemy Type||Item Drops||Notes|
Common Trolls can be found in Limgrave. They can be found in many above ground places in the Lands Between pulling Carriages. They use a Troll's Golden Sword to fight, but do not drop it. One with a detached chain-and-spike left in it's chest can be found in Liurnia of the Lakes, north of the broken Carriage containing the chest for Treespear, which is on the north end of the broken bridge northeast of Stormveil Castle. There is another with a detached chain-and-spike through it's chest just outside the entrance to Old Altus Tunnel as well as another on the opposite side of the small valley. There is also one in Redmane Castle that jumps in front of the front gate when the player approaches; it has a flaming sword.
Troll Knights use Sorceries such as the Greatblade Phalanx (a giant version) and can be found in Liurnia of the Lakes; three headless spectral Troll Knights can be found in the middle of the path from the base to the top of the hill The Four Belfries are situated on (these can still drop their sword). A Troll Knight in the flesh can be found in Caria Manor, not far from the fight with Royal Knight LorettaOne blue summoned Troll Knight can be found north of the Liurnia Highway North Site of Grace, down the northwest path.
Frenzied Trolls can be found in the Yelough Anix
|Snow Trolls can be found on Flame Peakfighting Giant Crows and Giant Dogs. They use a Troll's Golden Sword to fight, but do not drop it. They use Fire Giant Incantations (needs confirmation). There are also four Snow Trolls hauling two Carriages in the Consecrated Snowfield, though these do not drop any Arteria Leaves.|
Elden Ring Troll Notes & Tips
- Trolls have high resistances and deal significant Area-of-Effect damage with their stomps, which can also knock you back. Magic is a safe option for dealing with them, even when their health pools are rather high.
- Trolls are susceptible to Hemorrhage which makes it a good option to whittle their large health pool. Sleep Status is also very easy to apply.
- Shooting a troll in the head with a projectile will stun them for a few seconds.
- There is a Silver Tear that transforms into a Troll at the end of Night's Sacred Ground.
- After taking enough damage (around 50% of their health) Trolls will start using their sword (if they have one) which will change their moveset.
- A Frenzied Troll at Mt Gelmir, in front of the entrance of the Volcano Manor, uses frenzied attacks. This variant is also plentiful around the Yelough Anix Ruins.
- They are capable of destroying the glowing blue statues found across the world. These often contain Smithing Stones and Somber Smithing Stones.
- Trolls found in the Flame Peak use Flame incantations, and are often fighting Giant Crows. If one is having trouble with one or the other, try luring them into fighting each other.
- Theodorix was once a Troll, and a hero of the War against the Giants. He has since become a Magma Wyrm, lurking beyond the frozen river in the Consecrated Snowfield.
- War Counselor Iji is a Troll who serves under Ranni and Carian royals as a blacksmith and war counselor. He is friendly to you and he offers smithing services.