Commoner is a Humanoid Enemy in Elden Ring. The Commoner are known to be servants who are imprisoned and bound to execute domestic duties to those who within the Stormveil Castle. They wear a ragged garb and a cangue that has never been taken off, causing them to slouch. Although they appear to be slender, tall, and weak, these commoners are still able to wield a weapon and use it against intruders.
The boards that hang from their necks depicts a sprawling tree, its roots and branches forming two holes. A self imposed shackle, that displayed their allegiance to the Erdtree.
...Only, there are no commoners remaining with their wits about them.
Elden Ring Commoner Locations
Where to Find Commoner:
- Can be found within Stormveil Castle.
- Frenzied Villagers (a type of Commoner) can be found within the Ailing Village on the Weeping Peninsula.
- Frenzied Villagers can also be found in the Frenzied Flame Village in Liurnia of the Lakes, south of the Grand Lift of Dectus.
- Necromancers can be found within the Black Knife Catacombs in Liurnia of the Lakes, north of the Ainsel River Well.
- Commoners can also be found within Redmane Castle.
- In the Altus Plateau there is a Spear-wielding Commoner south of Craftsman's Shack,
- Death Cultist Commoners can be found gathered just south of the base of the Minor Erdtree in the Capital Outskirts of the Altus Plateau.
- Can be encountered within Leyndell, Royal Capital.
- Frenzied Villagers can also be found within the Yelough Anix Ruins in the Consecrated Snowfield.
Elden Ring Commoner Drops
|Runes||100%||40 - 1020|
|Commoner's Headband (Altered)||1.50%||N/A|
|Weathered Straight Sword||2.00%||N/A|
|Yellow Ember||1.50%||Only drops from Frenzied Villagers|
|Human Bone Shard||10.0%||Only drops from Necromancers|
|Grave Violet||5.00%||Only drops from Necromancers|
|Enemy Type||Item Drops||Notes|
|Commoners are found in most regions of the Lands Between. They can throw Fire Pots and Ruin Fragments.|
||Frenzied Villagers are found in the Ailing Village, the Frenzied Flame Village, Frenzy-Flaming Tower, and the Yelough Anix Ruins. Some Frenzied Villagers carry a Torchpole or a Spear, but they do not drop them.|
|Necromancers are only found in the Black Knife Catacombs, and they continuously resurrect the Skeletons in their vicinity. Necromancers carry what looks like a Torchpole lit with what seems to be ghostflame (though it inflicts no buildup) instead of the normal fire of the Torchpole. They do not drop this Torchpole.|
|Naked Commoners can only be found within Volcano Manor. Some wield Torchpoles and Spears, but do not drop them. They can throw Poison Pots, Fire Pots, Oil Pots, and Ruin Fragments.
|Death Cultist Commoners can cast Fia's Mist. They are found at the base of the Minor Erdtree found in the Capital Outskirts, along with an Omen that can also cast Fia's Mist. They are near the Twiggy Cracked Tear and the Crimson Crystal Tear.|
Commoner Notes & Tips
- Naked Commoners in the Volcano Manor throw poison pots, fire pots, oil pots, and ruin fragments.
- Several Commoner types carry Torchpoles and Spears, but none drop them. Both of these weapons are only dropped by the Exile Soldiers that use them.
- A certain Commoner in the Capital Outskirts, near the craters with many giant arrows, will transform into Margit upon approach. After Margit is defeated, this Commoner will still spawn. It has an invisible sword, and drops no Runes.
Join the page discussion Register to EDIT the Wiki!
I really hope we get the Death Cultist outfit in a DLC or something.
There is one commoner that gives no runes… the one in Altus that turns into Margit. After you kill Margit, it’ll keep respawning but won’t drop anything upon death.
I want the death cultist veil so badly !! WHY fromsoft! WHY MUST YOU HURT ME LIKE THIS? the drippiest headpiece... is not available to me :(
The naked poison pot throwing ones in Volcano Manor can be absolute bastards if you're not careful, that poison mist damage ramps up very quickly.
I found a commoner holding a chest in his arms? Killed him, and he dropped a Golden Rune 10. Altus Plateau west of the site of grace along the cliff wall. Wasn't sure if this guy spawned every time or not but thought I'd mention it since I hadn't seen it brought up elsewhere
The ones with the swords can in some instances backstab the player so make sure not to face your back to them (this behavior is particularly noticeable in Leyndell and the Leyndell sewers).
Anyone else think they look similar to the albinaurics? They're not considering they can walk and aren't frog shaped, but just an interesting thing that they look similar
These should've appeared way more throughout the game, how is it that there are more nobles than commoners?
I just saw a video where a guy punches one of these and then immediately sits and the commoner stops attacking him and he sits right beside him. It was the saddest thing ever.
The drop rate for weathered short sword is much higher than 2%. I get it more then 20% of the time.
Why is the Godskin Apostle in the image gallery?
these guys also drop a "commnoner's headband(altered)"
Need to add commoner's headband as a drop