Preceptor Miriam is a enemy Invader in Elden Ring. Preceptor Miriam can be found inside Carian Study Hall. They wear a large wide-brimmed hat and use a staff to cast many types of sorceries at their enemies.
One of the magic preceptors that served the Carian royals
Elden Ring Preceptor Miriam Locations
Where to Find Preceptor Miriam:
- Up the stairs once inside the Carian Study Hall [Elden Ring Map here]
- She can be encountered again in the secret area of Carian Study Hall, after using the Carian Inverted Statue and proceeding through the first window.
Preceptor Miriam Notes & Tips
- Preceptor Miriam teleports further up the tower as she takes damage. The summons that accompany Miriam can be triggered early by running past where she first appears and up the tower. This allows you to take them out without much risk and makes confronting Miriam much safer.
- Miriam will not cast spells nor teleport away from you if you are standing in the small room at the top of the second elevator. Using a ranged weapon from this position will trivialise this section of the encounter.
- She can be thrown out using the Ash of War Stamp (Upward Cut) near the railings. The fall will kill her instantly.
- Preceptor Miriam is extremely susceptible to Glintstone Blade.
- At the beginning when she first appears, charge up as many as you can and they will hit her and force her to teleport to zone two.
- Go up and get her to spawn a second time and you can use the corner of the wall before the bridge to block her shots while firing at her when she gets close since Glintstone Blade fires over the railing. There is a chance she won't come close enough to hit her.
- The same can be done at the top level. She will generally attempt to maintain a safe distance from you, but within range of your spell. The circular railing will create a barrier to block her shots and let you fire over the top at her with Glintstone Blade.
- Phase two and three should be doable in a similar fashion with any ranged weapon that can hit her at that distance. While slightly more risky, you can strafe out from behind the barrier and fire between her spells as they have long casting periods or short range.
- Fight with Miriam can be easily won by forcing her to come down to the floor with the Study Hall Entrance site of grace, and then riding up with the elevator. While trying to attack the player, she should then fall into the elevator's hole.
- The second iteration of Miriam is very vulnerable to sorcery, particularly Loretta's Greatbow. Due to the elevation advantage against her in most of the inverted fight, you fire at her and she will hit the platform while you strike her with relative impunity. Other spells or ranged weapons will likely work, too.