Chanting Winged Dame is a Humanoid Creature in Elden Ring. Chanting Winged Dame is a hostile, eerie bat creature. However, they are lighter and have human-like facial features. Chanting Winged Dames are often found meditating and reciting ancient chants in Latin, surrounded by Giant Bats at great heights or dark places. Their song can be interrupted when they are hit, after which they will attack.
Chanting Winged Dame Location in Elden Ring
Where to Find Chanting Winged Dame:
- Players can encounter Chanting Winged Dame at Ruin-Strewn Precipice.
- Minor Erdtree (Weeping Peninsula)
Chanting Winged Dame Drops in Elden Ring
Chanting Winged Dame Lyrics
Chanting Winged Dames sing a series of melodic Latin verses.
These distinct chants heard even from a distance say as follows:
O locus ille, beatus quondam nunc deminuit.
Nos destinatae matribus, nunc fiunt turpes.
sed nemo nos consolatur. Aureum cui irascebaris?
O that land, formerly blessed now withered.
We had been destined for motherhood
But now have become disfigured.
We wailed and wept
But no one comforts us.
Golden one, at whom were you so angry?
Elden Ring Chanting Winged Dame Notes & Tips
- They can use sonic screaming attacks.
- One variant, the hairnet crown variant, often spits a mist of poison and are tough to deal with in groups, they are vulnerable from behind and will be stunned by a few repeated strikes.
- Another variant, wearing a small crown-helmet, throws Glintstone Scraps at its targets, and can summon six vengeful spirits to chase down players, similar to Rancorcall.
- Translated by Reddit users Nyrun and MAGISTER-ORGANI: "O, that land, formerly blessed, now withered. | We'd been destined for motherhood, but now have become disfigured. | We wailed and wept. | But no one comforts us. | Golden One, at whom were you so angry?"
- There is a typo in the Latin where fiunt "the've become" was actually intended to be fimus "we've become". This was found out by Reddit user MAGISTER-ORGANI after contacting the singer directly and obtaining the official Latin transcription. However, the typo was kept because it flowed better with the vocals and had already been recorded.
- Like most flying enemies, they can be stunned with Gravity Sorceries or any other Gravity related Ash of War
Chanting Winged Dame Image Gallery