A steep precipice with abundant caves in the insides all the way through
Ruin-Strewn Precipice is a Location in Elden Ring. The Ruin-Strewn Precipice is found in Liurnia of The Lakes. It is an alternative way to the Altus Plateau instead of the Grand Lift of Dectus. Its entrance is through the Miners' caves, accessed through the various stairs and platforms above Ravine-Vailed Village. It is full of Giant Bats and Imp Miners, with Miners in the inside of the caves and Land Octopuses towards the top.
Sites of Grace in Ruin-Strewn Precipice Elden Ring
- There are no NPCs at this location.
- There are no Merchants at this location.
Gather & Farm Items
Unique, Ashes, and Keys
Regular Creatures and Enemies
Field Bosses and Bosses
Ruin-Strewn Precipice Walkthrough
Moving along Ruin-Strewn Precipice is pretty much a straightforward process, as the caves on the inside will help you reach the top and important locations on the way, i.e. Sites of Grace. Serpent-God's Curved Sword can be found a few levels below from backtracking at this location. Elden Ring Map Link. You'll find a giant Land Octopus and some of her kids along with a lootable body containing Smithing Stone (3). You don't have to clear the giant octopus to obtain the weapon. Circle her and loot the corpse to obtain it. If you hear the singing bat, you're passing the right area.
If you make your way towards the Singing Bat song, you can obtain the Lost Ashes of War if you drop off the wooden platform behind it. It'll be on a body at the edge of the cliff. Elden Ring Map here.
After defeating Magma Wyrm Makar, a Site of Grace appears in front of the large opening in the cavern opposite the entrance. Going up the wooden platform and taking the lifts brings you to Altus Plateau.
- 2x Smithing Stone (4) can be found at the first area of the cave, one is being mined by a Miner.
- 2x Smithing Stone (4) on the right side of the next area that is accessed through a ladder. It is embedded in the wall.
- 1x Smithing Stone (3) held by a corpse on the right side of that same cave.
- 1x Smithing Stone (4) after the platform lift, to the left of the stairs that lead into a Miner's trap and a dead end. Next to it, you'll also find one of the Somber Smithing Stones (4).
- 1x Smithing Stone (4) hidden behind some barrels, to the right of the stairs, located after the Giant Bats scavenging on a corpse.
- 1x Somber Smithing Stone  can be found at a ledge with one Miner enemy. That's down the ladder located to the left of where the Giant Bats were scavenging the corpse.
- 3x Smithing Stone (4) against the walls of the area where a winged old woman is praying (one of them is a Giant Bat's drop).
- 1x Smithing Stone (3) held by a corpse, on the roof with the Giant Land Octopus.
- 1x Smithing Stone (3) under a tent on your right when coming across the second singing winged-old-lady.
There are also 2x Smithing Stone (5) within the location. The first one is fairly straightforward to get, as it lies on the floor in the cabin beside the Ravine-Vailed Village Site of Grace, before entering the caves (Map Link). The second one is not that exposed, as it is on a corpse hanging from a stone ledge midway up the large platform inside the caves. To get it, you need to jump down from the platform once it reaches the ledge's height or above. Once you get the stone, you can simply jump your way down through a small series of rock ledges at the side, leading to the ground.
Elden Ring Ruin-Strewn Precipice Gallery and Notes