Coats armament, inflicting lightning damage
Lightning Grease is a Consumable Item in Elden Ring. Lightning Grease coats an armament, adding lightning damage to its attacks.
Solidified grease made from a mixture of fulminating materials. Craftable item.
Coats armament, adds lightning damage to attacks.
The effect lasts only for a short time.
Lightning Grease Use in Elden Ring
Lightning Grease coats the right-hand armament, inflicting Lightning Damage.
- Attacks deal 85 additional Lightning Damage
- Lasts for 60 seconds.
Where to find Lightning Grease in Elden Ring
- Fringefolk Hero's Grave: Pillage the remains in corner of the crypt to obtain his item
- Crumbling Farum Azula: Five can be found on a corpse behind a long wall, guarded by two beastmen. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Sealed Tunnel: A set of 4 can be found in the dungeon. In the chamber with the exploding Abnormal Stone Clusters near the end of the dungeon, dispel the wall opposite the wooden stairs to reveal a deep pit with roots strewn jutting across the walls. Drop down onto the second root and check the corpse on a ledge along the north wall. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Altus Plateau: Looted from a corpse in the middle of a camp in Altus Plateau [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Video Location
Elden Ring Lightning Grease Crafting Guide
To craft Lightning Grease you need the Ancient Dragon Apostle's Cookbook  as well as the following Crafting Materials:
- Root Resin x1
- Fulgurbloom x1
Elden Ring Lightning Grease Notes & Tips
- You can hold up to 10 Lightning Grease.
- You can store up to 600 Lightning Grease.
- Sell Value: 100 Runes
- Alternatively, see Drawstring Lightning Grease for a shorter duration, but higher potency grease.
Join the page discussion Register to EDIT the Wiki!
quite easy to make with 0 stat investment required. very useful for pure physical builds.
Can someone care this to Electrify Armament which is the spell which puts lightning damage on your right hand?
Grease adds a flat 85 lightning damage.
Electrify adds 0.75 * Incant Scaling (Faith portion).
How does FIS work exactly? Example 20/40/60 Faith.
There are two of these in the Ruin-Strewn Precipice as well. There is a small alcove off the big room right before the Ruin-Strewn Precipice grace. There's a few Vulgar Militia hiding and some poison traps, but at the back of the alcove you can find two Lightning Grease.
I feel, on paper at least, that this is the best general damage type grease to use in PvP. Vigor gives fire resist, so fire damage is objectively the worst since 60 vigor is meta. Next, Intelligence gives magic resist, and intelligence is extremely widespread in pvp, so this is the next least viable option. Finally, arcane gives Holy resist. Arcane is not common, but there doesn't seem to be any stat that gives lightning resist, so lightning seems more viable. Even at 99 all stats, lightning resist is lower than all others. Plus you get a damage bonus in the rain. Most armors don't give much lightning resist either.
The opposite of "Greased Lightning".
So I see that It's a shorter duration than Electrify Armament. How strong is the damage buff in comparison?
So dragons are weak to lightning, same as Dark Souls? Cause i faibtly remember some of them having red lightning attacks in Elden Rings, so i assumed they can't be weak to their own damage type, no?