Secrets for Elden Ring covers information that revolves around rare items, weapons, armor, and possibly some spots of a location that are hidden and are hard to find. This page contains a full list of all the secrets in the game that can be found and/or unlocked.
- Side Quests: NPC questlines are difficult to keep track of. Use our Side Quest page to find useful tips for getting them all done
- See Fall Damage for a community guide on how it works.
- See Paired Weapons for a community guide on special weapons that can be paired to dual wield.
Elden Ring Secrets
Illusory Walls (Hidden Walls): The game features multiple Illusory Walls that players can hit to reveal. These are often found within catacombs, but can also be in tunnels and caves. Pay close attention to your surroundings.
Illusory Walls are the Hidden Walls of Elden Ring that must be struck to reveal a hidden path beyond. These walls are not immediately obvious, but if you find yourself stuck in a location without a way to progress, it is very likely that you have to hit a nearby wall. This page features all hidden walls in Elden Ring.
Elden Ring Illusory Walls Guide
|Academy Crystal Cave||
After entering through a wooden door, there is a room guarded by a tanky mage with a pointy hat. Before entering that room, the illusory wall is to the left.
|Academy of Raya Lucaria||The wall to the right just upon entering the Church of the Cuckoo.||Rune Arc|
|Academy of Raya Lucaria||Bookshelf by the corpse in the room to the left in the hallway just after the Schoolhouse Classroom site of grace.|
|Academy of Raya Lucaria||From the Debate Parlor site of grace head back the way to the mage's the right bookshelf near the stairs, the one with no books|
|Auriza Side Tomb||In the final room after using the first teleporter trap, when facing the chest in the room, there is an illusory wall on the left side||Complete the Dungeon|
|Black Knife Catacombs||Ride the knife traps up, at the end of the hall, hit the wall to access an optional boss.||Optional Boss
Black Knife Assassin
After descending the staircase that leads onto a swamp, turn to the right, go under the platform where the Archer Skeleton was, and hit wall on the right corner.
At the end of the dungeon, there will be a locked door. Once you see it, turn 180 and then attack the wall on the column in the middle of the previous room
|Cathedral of the Forsaken||From the grace, on the other side of the chest, the wall isn't illusory but will move out of the way.||
Path to Frenzied Flame Proscription
|Frenzied Flame Proscription||In one of the arches on the wall next to Hyetta's final location, you'll find an Illusory Wall hiding a hallway leading to a chest with a Rune Arc. Another Illusory Wall can be found behind the chest and opens up to the Root-Facing Site of Grace.||
Alternative way to Deeproot Depths
|From the Grace, go down the stairs and turn right. The illusory wall is the stone archway on the left.||Golden Rune |
|Giants' Mountaintop Catacombs||In the secret lower part of the dungeon, located by raising the lift once you've taken it down to the first level. Once you've taken the lift downward and moved past the first room you'll be faced with 2 frost breath traps down a long hallway. The hidden wall is between the two traps on the right hand side just before the second trap.|
|After falling onto the invisible floor at the broken railing, south into the open arch, right turn and at the end of the hallway||Silver Scarab|
|This illusory wall is located north side of Kingsrealm Ruins, blocking the road, posing as a large brick wall. Hit it to see the road ahead and continue to the manor.||Areas north of Kingsrealm Ruins|
|Kingsrealm Ruins||The stairs leading down into an underground area is covered by an illusory floor.||Optional Boss Royal Revenant|
|Leyndell Catacombs||Up the stairs from the Grace, up the elevator, in the room with unkillable enemies, next to the stairs, through 2 walls, ending with a snail. Upon killing the snail the unkillable enemies disappear until you rest or die.||Haligdrake Talisman +1|
|Mirage Rise||East-Southeast of the Bower of Bounty Grace, up a little cliff, it's an illusory rock part of the Mirage Riddle||Entrance to the Rise|
|Moonfolk Ruins||This illusory floor is located in the NE part of the ruins.||Somber Smithing Stone (8)|
|Road's End Catacomb||
The first 2 are one floor below the lever, in the stone archways, both of them lead to the same area, it continues on with another illusory wall, then another one, until you find the boss room.
There’s an illusory wall just past the grace, with another one along the way, past the top of the waterfall.
|Sainted Hero's Grave||Past the site of grace take the left passage down the stairs, follow the corridor until the end into the room with the two Wraith Callers up the stairs past them the wall behind them is illusory.|
In Leyndell Royal Capital, there's a tunnel down at the lake outside the west entrance, the tunnel is apparently sealed with nothing in it but hitting a cavity in one of the walls will open a path to a new area; the next is behind a chest containing a Bell Bearing; After riding the elevator down there's one straight ahead followed immediately by another;  after Dropping into a room filled with the exploding ball enemies a hidden wall can be found behind a bunch of crates and barrels opposite a stair case
Entrance found behind an illusionary wall of rock, northeast of Church of the Plague.
The wall is located on the ground in the Ruined area at the west end. Hit or roll onto it to reveal it.
|Volcano Manor||After receiving the Drawing-Room Key from Tanith, open the first door on the right in the hallway next to Tanith. The back wall, right corner is illusory. Follow the hallway, when it opens up go to the path to the left, not the stairs, and all the way at the end of this hallway is an illusory wall on your left.|
Paintings in Elden Ring are Info Items scattered all around The Lands Between that act as a form of treasure hunt. The Wandering Artist Spirit's Paintings depict specific locations you'll have to find in order to meet the spirits of the artists themselves. Upon finding and inspecting one of the seven drawings, a ghost of the artist will manifest at the location from which they were painted, granting a specific reward. Note that the location you must seek is not the structure or landscape depicted itself, but rather the spot the artist would have been when painting it. This page covers a full list of all the Paintings found in Elden Ring, including their location, solution, and rewards.
Elden Ring Paintings Guide
- Spirit Jellyfish Ashes: In the Stargazer Ruins, you'll find a spirit jellyfish looking for her sister. You can summon the Spirit Jellyfish Ashes here to unlock an item.
- Latenna the Albinauric: If she is spawned in an area with a Direwolf, she'll be able to mount it, granting her mobility. The Direwolf will continue to attack you, however.
- Noble Sorcerer Ashes & Wandering Noble Ashes: These two ashes will cower and refuse to fight when faced against a dragon.
- Mad Pumpkin Head Ashes: When bleed is inflicted on this spirit ash, he stops attacking and starts slamming his head into the ground.
- Fanged Imp Ashes: Can be used to solve the riddle to open Albinauric Rise.
In various regions of the Lands Between, you may find a Wandering Noble that, upon "death," transforms into a larger, more dangerous foe. These enemies drop a Larval Tear upon defeat, suggesting that they are Silver Tears in disguise. You can find them at the following locations:
- Limgrave: East of the Agheel Lake South Site of Grace - turns into a Runebear [Elden Ring Map]
- Liurnia of the Lakes: Instead of a Wandering Noble, is a Giant Lobster found between Boilprawn Shack and Rose Church - turns into a Grafted Scion [Elden Ring Map]
- Caelid: South of Caelid Highway South Site of Grace - turns into a Troll [Elden Ring Map]
- Mt. Gelmir: Road of Iniquity Site of Grace - turns into a Wormface [Elden Ring Map]
- Altus Plateau: North of Rampartside Path Site of Grace - turns into a Lion Guardian [Elden Ring Map]
- Consecrated Snowfield: Southeast of Inner Consecrated Snowfield Site of Grace - turns into a Runebear [Elden Ring Map]
- Capital Outskirts: unlike the others transformed enemies, this Commoner turns into Margit once approached, and Margit does not drop a Larval Tear.
- Unlock the lift to Altus Plateau: Find the two pieces of a medallion to activate the lift. See here and here.
- Access a Secret Zone: You must obtain two pieces of medallions to access an entire secret area of the game. The medallion pieces are found in western Liurnia of the Lakes and Mountaintop of the Giants.
- Weather affects gameplay: Fire and lightning-based Spells & Skills see a slight change in their damage when cast while raining, with fire dealing less damage and lightning dealing more.
- There's also a rare weather event that only happens at night where the golden leaves of the Erdtree fall like rain. You'll see a little buff icon appear that looks like the Gold-Pickled Fowl Foot and will have increased rune gain from defeating enemies for the duration. The same event will happen if any person in your multiplayer group defeats a Shard Bearer.
- Enemies with Golden Eyes: You'll occasionally find enemies with eyes that glow gold. They drop significantly more runes than their regular counterparts, some report up to 5x the base amount of runes.
Gesture Secrets (W.I.P)