Fort Faroth used to house the guardians of Caelid, but its defenders have long fallen, now bound to earth as hostile spirits.
- No NPCs at this location
- No Merchants at this location
Gather & Farm Items
- No Upgrade materials at this location
Field Bosses and Bosses
Fort Faroth Walkthrough
To get the Dectus Medallion piece, head inside the main entrance and make your way through the dark room, fighting off the Giant Bats and Chanting Winged Dames. Beware as they are significantly tougher than any you've encountered in Limgrave. Once you reach the back of the room, climb the ladder to reach the top of the tower. There is a chest here containing the Medallion. It is one of two halves required to activate the Grand Lift of Dectus, with the other half being in Fort Haight in Mistwood.
To get Radagon's Soreseal, from the top of the tower with the Medallion, jump off onto the main roof, kill the Spectral Knight enemies, then drop down onto the wooden platform from the second smaller square opening on the top of the fort (it has a ladder to climb down, but you can just jump down). You then proceed on the wooden platform where you encounter a small rat. After killing it, you would need to make a running jump onto another wooden platform (perpendicular to the current one you're on) where you encounter a small rat and giant rat. After disposing them, just follow the path and ladder down to retrieve Radagon's Soreseal.
Elder Dragon Greyoll can also be found laying on the fields just west of the fort. She can easily be killed by equipping any Weapons or Skills that proc the bleed effect. She will not engage you but you should only attack her from her tail. Otherwise her lesser dragon underlings will attack. Killing Greyoll will yield 5 Dragon Hearts and also unlock Elder Dragon Greyoll's Roar at the Cathedral of Dragon Communion.
Elden Ring Fort Faroth Gallery and Notes
Rune Farming Guide
This is a great rune farming location for Level 70ish players.
If you just clear the lower bat area it will net you ~10k in 3 minutes. Get another ~10k if you go up the ladder to the top area and kill the blue soldiers. Once you are comfortable, you can eat a Gold-Pickled Fowl Foot for even more.
I'm melee and this is how I do it:
- Equip some damage talismans and your highest damage weapon with GRAVITAS! Ash of War (very important!).
- 2x FP flasks is enough
- Outside the entrance, summon a tanky Spirt Summon. I use Engvall +5. Buff yourself and get full mana.
- Enter and stand behind first pillar in the center. The bat on the ceiling will drop and scream but the post will block the damage. Engvall will stun it, so lock on and kill.
- Straight ahead is a wood wall separating you from the rest of the area. On the other side the bats and Dames will be crawling slowing toward you behind the wall. Engvall will not them engage yet so stand behind the wall and GRAVITAS! That will suck everything to you and stun lock them, but they stay on the other side of the wall.
- Engvall will either go around and engage or fight through the wall. Either way is ok but behind the wall with you is better.
- Now use charged HEAVY attack as those will pass through the wall, but those Chanting Winged Dames can't grab you.
- So GRAVITAS! heavies, more heavies, more GRAVITAS! repeat
- You will get poisoned so have a cure handy. I use the incantation. Just don't worry too much about it as the effect takes awhile to build and then the DoT is kinda slow. But watch your HP bar, high HP is strongly recommended.
- When you hear a Dame scream start block or move as they do high damage. Or GRAVITAS!, that will shut them up.
- If any make it around the wall you need to deal with them fast. If they are in the air GRAVITAS! to bring them down as their grab attack is a one shot. They poise break pretty easy but I can't get a crit hit when they are down so I just beat on them.
- Once they are thinned out or if Engvall has moved to the middle area. Go behind the wall and help. Just spam GRAVITAS! to keep them flopping around on the ground. 2-3 hits then GRAVITAS! again. Repeat.
- Everything should die and Engvall should have about 50% health.
- There is one bat near the door to the room with the ladder that takes you up to the medallion chest. It wont agro until you stand on the stairs to the door.
- So before that cure any poison, heal to full and consume a mana flask.
- Now, lock on the bat and walk up the stairs. When he starts to move. Swing back behind the pillar right near him to block his scream.
- Engvall will engage and you just need to help finish it off.
- That is the last enemy dead in the area and that will also fill your flasks.
- Now go back to the entrance and stand below where the BIG rat is above. (second panel from the left if facing the wood wall under him)
- Cast GRAVITAS! and you should see him take damage.
- Move around the corner to the area under him where you would get jumped if you were up there. Look up through the floor and when you see him on the boards, GRAVITAS! He will take more damage.
- Now move into the open area and he should jump down from the ledge if you coaxed him properly.
- Lock on and attack. Repeat attacks will breaks his poise and you can crit hit him. He drops over 1.2K runes.
- At this point I go outside rest at the site of grace and repeat.
Once you are good at it this run takes about 3 mins, so a Gold-Pickled Fowl Foot will run out by now as well. If you want, you can go up the ladder and beat the blue ghost soldiers up there. They are easy except that big sword-wielding MF. Each drop about 1K runes and there are 8 I think. It is a long climb and the soldiers spawn too slow so I skip them.
If you die with a lot of runes just take it slow and methodically to get back to them. The Dames will one shot you if you just run in there. So abort and reset if it looks too hairy. Stay in the first area behind the wall and fight there if at all possible. It has an easy to escape route to the site of grace (figure out how to do it before hand as you can get on the wrong side of the fire wall).
All in all, this farming spot as its not too difficult if you have a good upgraded weapon, a good tanky +5 summon and are level 70ish. Low risk once you are comfortable. Always remember GRAVITAS!
[other images go here]