Elder Dragon Greyoll
|HP||≈ 87,664 (Field Boss)|
All Elemental Damage
All Status Effects
Elder Dragon Greyoll is a massive dragon, laying on the ground surrounded by five Lesser Dragons and is found in Caelid. When players encounter her, they will find her motionless and unable to attack.
This is an optional boss, but it is a popular one, as it can net players a large amount of Runes for the relative ease of killing her. There are two ways of defeating the boss. One is by killing all of the smaller dragons around her. Defeating each one takes off a portion of her health away from her, and defeating all five defeats this boss as well. Alternatively, you can avoid fighting all the smaller dragons and just chip away at her health by attacking her tail directly. It may take a while, but you get the same rewards no matter what method you choose to defeat her. Greyoll and her children drop five Dragon Hearts and unlock Greyoll's Roar for purchase when defeated.
Greyoll was the mother of all dragons, dwarfing all who stood before her like a looming mountain.
Elden Ring Elder Dragon Greyoll Boss
Elder Dragon Greyoll is a Field Boss found in Caelid
- This boss is optional
- Closest Site of Grace: Fort Faroth
- Multiplayer is allowed for this boss
- You can summon Spirit Ashes for this battle
- Defeating Elder Dragon Greyoll unlocks Elder Dragon Greyoll's Roar at the Cathedral of Dragon Communion
- The 5 smaller dragons in front of her are her children. The death of each will deal around 20% of her maximum health her; therefore, killing all 5 dragons will leave her to be killed with a single hit.
Elden Ring Elder Dragon Greyoll Location
Elder Dragon Greyoll Combat Information
- Health: NG (87,664), NG+ (87,751), NG+2 (96,526), NG+3 (100,913), NG+4 (105,301), NG+5 (114,076), NG+6 (118,463), NG+7 (122,851)
- Does not attack, but will instead roar to alert nearby dragons.
- Lesser Dragons deal Standard Damage.
- Dragon type
- Can't be poise broken
- Relatively weak to Pierce Damage
- Resistant to other types of damages and all status effects.
- Immune to Death Blight.
- On NG, has 627 bleed resist initially, then 917 after the 1st proc, and 1,374 after the 2nd proc onward
The absorption numbers are the % of your damage that gets blocked. For example if an absorption is 60. 40% of that damage by that type will go through and 60% is absorbed. Bigger number= less damage. An absorption of 100 means no damage goes through, and a resistance of -100 mean the enemy takes 2x damage from that source. 0 means damage goes pretty much as is.
The resistance numbers is the buildup amount to trigger it. For example if a resistance is 100 you must deal 100 points of whatever aux buildup to trigger it. Note that these go down over time, and increase each time the effect procs.
Elden Ring Elder Dragon Greyoll Boss Guide
Elder Dragon Greyoll Boss Video Guide
[video coming soon]
Elder Dragon Greyoll Fight Strategy
The Best Tips for Elder Dragon Greyoll:
- The easiest way to kill her is by going to her left side (from a player's perspective), and hit the tail with any weapon of your choice. Neither her, nor her children will fight back.
- Armaments that inflict Hemorrhage or/and Frostbite are incredibly useful against Greyoll, as they do a percentage of HP, and as it can proc relatively fast. It is possible to kill Greyoll from a very low level with this method.
- Before going to eliminate this boss, it is recommended to get at least one Gold-Pickled Fowl Foot (consume shortly before killing the dragon) and the Golden Scarab, found by beating the boss of the Abandoned Cave
- Stay in behind Greyoll, near the wings and the legs to avoid aggroing any dragons or falling victim to nasty attacks. She can be easily cheesed with this method.
- When you first ascend using the Spirit Spring directly north of Church of the Plague, run directly towards Greyroll's head and summon any spirit ash (preferably a tanky one) to draw the attention of the smaller dragons. She will alert the nearby dragons who will walk towards her head. After, try to ignore as many as you can and head straight towards the right side of her tail (if looking directly at Greyroll from the front, otherwise it would be the left side of her tail if looking at her from the back), at which point you should be able to freely attack Greyroll without drawing the attention of the smaller dragons. They may investigate if they were still aggro'd on you from before, but like unlike regular dragons these do not fly around so they are easy to lose aggro on. From this spot you should be able to attack her without any interference, since she relies completely on the smaller dragons for defense and does not attack the player.
Add Bloody Slash to a simple Longsword, the Blood Loss will help kill it faster. Any other Bleed attacks will speed up the attack process. Kill the small dragons in the area that appear when it roars and it will also deplete its health. Clearing them will fnish off Greyoll without actually having to face her. Likewise, clearing Greyoll herself will clear all the smaller dragons, and this is quicker. These smaller dragons move very slowly and are easy to run underneath most of the time to throw in some hits without taking damage. If you prefer, go ahead and approach Greyoll herself and throw in as many hits as you can until her HP bar depletes.
Magic and Ranged Users
You don't need a fancy weapon. Simply add Bloody Slash basic dagger and it will do just fine. As a ranged player, this will be a easy encounter due to their slow movement. They don't run at you and your main concern may be its lunge attacks that is still very slow and easy to predict. The time before its lunge attack while in the air is also a great opportunity to deal any ranged attacks. Continue this until all dragons are cleared then Greyoll will turn to ash.
Alternatively, if the player has no such weapon, instead of getting it he may try to kill lesser dragons with Rock Sling (while using Meteorite Staff). Headshots with rocks can deal quite a damage and poise-break them.
Any Faith build can use Ancient Dragons' Lightning Strike to cause large amounts of damage to Dragon enemies. With 70 Faith, one or two casts can kill multiple of her Dragon offspring simultaneously.
Elder Dragon Greyoll Attacks & Counters
|Greyoll's Roar||This is Greyoll's only tactic, which will debilitate your stats and awaken the smaller dragons around her. You will be facing the smaller dragons instead. Killing one will deplete her health significantly.||Clear the smaller dragons. Their Attacks will be found below.|
|Stomp||The dragon lifts one foot and stomps down, creating a shockwave.||You can watch as the dragon lifts its foot in preparation for this attack.|
|Wing Attack||The dragon lifts one of its wings and smashes it into the ground in front of it.||When it lifts a single wing, stay clear of that side.|
|Lunge||Done after flying. The dragon flies into the air and lunges down during their landing.||Remain out of any area it will potentially land on. You'll notice it flying and begin to target you. This is when you should back away.|
|Tail Lash||The dragon repositions to face you, whipping its tail around in an arc.||This attack is triggered by behing behind it. When you see the tail lift and curl to one side, step away.|
|Bite||The dragon leans its head to one side, screeching, before snapping quickly in an arc in front of it.||This attack is triggered by behing in front of it. When you see its head wind up for a bite, step away or under the dragon.|
|Charge||After a scream, the dragon takes a few steps forward and does a headbut.||After it screams, either dodge closer between its legs or stay away. The dragon can move quite a bit forward, so be warry of midrange.|
Elder Dragon Greyoll Lore, Notes & Other Trivia
- When measured from head to tail, Greyoll is currently the second largest dragon in FromSoftware history, beating out the Dragon God from Demon’s Souls and the Divine Dragon from Sekiro.
She is beaten out by Gransax, the giant Dragon corpse in the Royal Capital.
- Due to her reusing the same model, Greyoll can be made to perform animations and attacks of other dragons, but this will lead to framerate issues and crashes due to inability of Elden Ring's game engine to handle the dragon's size.
- After killing Greyoll, player will additionally receive around ~20,000 extra Runes, as the smaller Dragons surrounding Greyoll will die along with it.
Elder Dragon Greyoll Image Gallery
*Dealing massive damage to Greyoll by using weapons that inflict hemorrhage.