Misbegotten Crusader is a Field Boss in Elden Ring. Misbegotten Crusader is a variation of the Leonine Misbegotten Boss, wielding the Golden Order Greatsword, and is found in Cave of the Forlorn in Mountaintops of the Giants. This is an optional boss, as players don't need to defeat it in order to advance in Elden Ring. However, doing so yields useful Items and Runes.
Lesser Misbegotten Warrior is the normal enemy form of this boss. Other variants of this boss appear in the Leonine Misbegotten, Crucible Knight and Misbegotten Warrior, and Perfumer Tricia and Misbegotten Warrior boss fights.
Elden Ring Misbegotten Crusader Boss
- This is an optional boss, but it must be defeated in order to receive the Legendary Armaments trophy
- Closest Site of Grace: Cave of the Forlorn
- Multiplayer is allowed for this boss
- You can summon Spirit Ashes for this boss
Elden Ring Misbegotten Crusader Location
Misbegotten Crusader Combat information
- Health: 9,130 HP
- Defense: 120
- Stance: 80
- Parryable: Yes
- Is vulnerable to a critical hit after being stance broken or parried
- Damage: Standard, Pierce, Holy
- Drops 93,000, Golden Order Greatsword
Negations (or Absorptions)
The negation numbers are the % of your damage that gets blocked. For example, if a negation is 60, 40% of that damage by that type will go through and 60% will be negated. Bigger number = less damage. A negation of 100 means no damage goes through, and a negation of -100 means the enemy takes 2x damage from that source. 0 means damage goes pretty much as is.
The resistance numbers are the buildup amount to trigger it. For example, if a resistance is 100 you must deal 100 points of the given buildup to trigger it. Note that these go down over time, and increase each time the effect procs. The values after the "/"s indicate the increased resistances after each successive proc.
NG+ and Beyond (click to reveal)
Elden Ring Misbegotten Crusader Boss Guide
Misbegotten Crusader Boss Video Guide
[video coming soon]
Misbegotten Crusader Fight Strategy
The Best Tips for Misbegotten Crusader:
- Use any fast rush down Ashes such as Oleg and Rollo, as it can be interrupted quite easily. While it is performing an attack, however, it gains massive hyper-armor and can breeze through the heaviest hits and connect.
This boss may look like any other Misbegotten boss and has a moveset similar to the Leonine Misbegotten, but it deals greater damage with additional Holy damage and with its attacks using the Golden Order Greatsword. It does a number of fast-moving aggressive attacks while advancing towards you. If you have a shield use it against these combo attacks while backing up. It will be even better if you have a shield that could defend against holy damage. When you have a chance, towards the end of the attack combos, roll through and toward the boss in order to deal a few hits. Use a combination of rolling in and attacking during the small windows, then immediately backing up again. You will especially have to look for its large AoE attacks which can occur within combo attacks. The main strategy here is to keep a defensive stance while preparing to dodge away and then quickly approach during each opening. Be conservative with your attacks until the boss is defeated.
Magic and Ranged Users
With a magic build, you may want to use quick-moving spells such as Glintstone Pebble or Glinstone Stars. Keep in mind that when you create distance, this boss quickly can close that distance with his quick lunges and could reach you with its holy ranged attacks. You will have to keep moving and constantly be prepared to dodge to the side. Attack sparingly and in between its attacks to avoid being unprepared for an incoming attack.
Misbegotten Crusader Attacks & Counters
See the Leonine Misbegotten page for a more complete and detailed guide on its moveset, as it shares most of the same attacks.
|Establish Order||Stands up straight and raises its arms to the right, releasing a holy explosion. Afterward, it follows up with a wide-sweeping projectile.||Run away to avoid the explosion,
then dodge forward
Misbegotten Crusader Lore, Notes & Other Trivia
- A crusader is one who fights for change, whether it be political, religious, or social. Since Misbegotten are widely regarded as heretical, this one may be fighting to protect them.
- This Misbegotten wields the Golden Order Greatsword, which was forged by King Consort Radagon. It was originally a sword gifted to him by his first wife, Rennala, Queen of the Full Moon.
- In the Japanese version of the game, internal files relating to the Misbegotten are named “Children of Radagon”. In the English version of the game (patch 1.00), the Winged Misbegotten was called a “Radagon chimera.” This may explain why Misbegotten Warriors have red hair like Radagon and how one managed to obtain the Golden Order Greatsword.