Great Wyrm Theodorix is a Great Enemy Boss in Elden Ring. Theodorix was once a troll, but was transformed into a lesser dragon for the sin of Dragon Communion and now lives on the frozen river in the Consecrated Snowfield. This is an optional boss, as players don't need to defeat it in order to advance in Elden Ring.
The name of the ancient troll warrior Theodorix lives on — as a hero of the War against the Giants.
Elden Ring Great Wyrm Theodorix Boss
- This is an optional boss
- Closest Site of Grace: Cave of the Forlorn
- Multiplayer is allowed for this boss
- You can summon Spirit Ashes for this boss
Elden Ring Great Wyrm Theodorix Location
Head north from the Inner Consecrated Snowfield Site of Grace to the river of ice, then follow it east and you'll run into Theodorix. Consider opening the Cave of the Forlorn with a Stonesword Key to get a closer Site of Grace, but beware of the Giant Land Octopus guarding its entrance. [Map Link]
Great Wyrm Theodorix Combat information
- Health: 25,649 HP
- Defense: 122
- Stance: 120
- Parryable: No
- Is vulnerable to a critical hit after being stance broken
- Dragon type
- Weak spot: Head
- Damage: Slash, Strike, Fire
- Drops 180,000, Dragon Heart x3
- Defeating Theodorix unlocks Theodorix's Magma at the Cathedral of Dragon Communion in Caelid
- See Magma Wyrm for a full boss guide
Negations (or Absorptions)
The negation numbers are the % of your damage that gets blocked. For example, if a negation is 60, 40% of that damage by that type will go through and 60% will be negated. Bigger number = less damage. A negation of 100 means no damage goes through, and a negation of -100 mean the enemy takes 2x damage from that source. 0 means damage goes pretty much as is.
The resistance numbers are the buildup amount to trigger it. For example, if a resistance is 100 you must deal 100 points of the given buildup to trigger it. Note that these go down over time, and increase each time the effect procs. The values after the "/"s indicate the increased resistances after each successive proc.
NG+ and Beyond (click to reveal)
Additional Fight Strategy
- Goad the nearby Giant Land Octopuses into fighting Theodorix. They can take and deal a lot of damage before going down.
- Run past him and climb on the ledge that goes behind his resting spot for a safe zone to snipe him from. This ledge also has an Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone.
Great Wyrm Theodorix Lore, Notes & Other Trivia
- Theodorix was once a troll warrior, a veteran of the War Against the Giants, and became a Magma Wyrm upon indulging the Dragon Communion.
- Theodorix is automatically hostile towards Large Land Octopuses, Lesser Crabs, and Fire Slugs. He does not appear to be aggressive towards large crabs.
Great Wyrm Theodorix Image Gallery