This Elden Ring Glintstone Dragon Smarag Guide features boss locations, tips, strategies and videos on how to defeat Smarag easily, as well as boss stats and lore for Smarag.
Glintstone Dragon is the normal enemy form of this boss. Other bosses with the same basic attacks are Flying Dragon Agheel, Flying Dragon Greyll, Decaying Ekzykes, Glintstone Dragon Adula, and Borealis the Freezing Fog. Lesser Dragon is a normal enemy with the same basic attacks.
Smarag was a devourer of sorcerers, and over time, his body became corrupted by their glintstones.
Elden Ring Glintstone Dragon Smarag Boss
- This is an optional boss
- Closest Site of Grace: Crystalline Woods
- Multiplayer is allowed for this boss
- You can summon Spirit Ashes for this boss
Elden Ring Glintstone Dragon Smarag Location
From the Crystalline Woods Site of Grace, head due south around the front of the craggy island in the lake. From the Temple Quarter Site of Grace, head due north and you'll eventually run into Smarag. [Map Link]
Glintstone Dragon Smarag Combat information
- Health: 6,069 HP
- Defense: 113
- Stance: 120
- Parryable: No
- Is vulnerable to a critical hit after being stance broken
- Dragon type
- Weak spot: head (+50% damage)
- Damage: Standard, Magic
- Drops 14,000, Dragon Heart
- Defeating Smarag unlocks Smarag's Glintstone Breath at the Cathedral of Dragon Communion in Caelid
- See Flying Dragon Agheel for a full boss guide
Negations (or Absorptions)
The negation numbers are the % of your damage that gets blocked. For example, if a negation is 60, 40% of that damage by that type will go through and 60% will be negated. Bigger number = less damage. A negation of 100 means no damage goes through, and a negation of -100 mean the enemy takes 2x damage from that source. 0 means damage goes pretty much as is.
The resistance numbers are the buildup amount to trigger it. For example, if a resistance is 100 you must deal 100 points of the given buildup to trigger it. Note that these go down over time, and increase each time the effect procs. The values after the "/"s indicate the increased resistances after each successive proc.
NG+ and Beyond (click to reveal)
|Poison||548 / 838 / 1295||604 / 894 / 1351||613 / 903 / 1360||622 / 912 / 1369||631 / 921 / 1378||640 / 930 / 1387||649 / 939 / 1396||658 / 948 / 1405|
|Scarlet Rot||548 / 838 / 1295||604 / 894 / 1351||613 / 903 / 1360||622 / 912 / 1369||631 / 921 / 1378||640 / 930 / 1387||649 / 939 / 1396||658 / 948 / 1405|
|Hemorrhage||548 / 838 / 1295||604 / 894 / 1351||613 / 903 / 1360||622 / 912 / 1369||631 / 921 / 1378||640 / 930 / 1387||649 / 939 / 1396||658 / 948 / 1405|
|Frostbite||548 / 838 / 1295||604 / 894 / 1351||613 / 903 / 1360||622 / 912 / 1369||631 / 921 / 1378||640 / 930 / 1387||649 / 939 / 1396||658 / 948 / 1405|
Glintstone Dragon Smarag Boss Video Guide
Additional Fight Strategy
The Best Tips for Glintstone Dragon Smarag:
- Use Banished Knight Oleg for his high defense and health to distract the dragon
- Smarag has very high Magic resistance, so Intelligence builds should use spells like Rock Sling that deal physical damage.
- Meteorite of Astel with Cerulean Hidden Tear can easily trivialize the fight by raining meteorites that deal physical damage.
- Wear armor with high Magic and Physical resistance, like the Banished Knight Set
- As this is an outdoors encounter, you can mount Torrent to quickly evade Smarag's breath attacks. Melee users are encouraged to use Torrent to quickly get back into melee range when Smarag flies away.
Additional Attacks & Counters
|Most attacks are the same as Flying Dragon Agheel, except that Smarag's flame does Magic damage|
|Raises its head, gathering magical power in its mouth, then fires a fast magic projectile at the player. Most likely used when you're far away. This attack is usually repeated twice.||Sprint diagonally towards Smarag. You can charge up a heavy attack to hit its snout when it dips after the attack|
Glintstone Dragon Smarag Lore, Notes & Other Trivia
- Slaying this dragon allows one to buy Smarag's Glintstone Breath at theCathedral of Dragon Communion in Caelid
Glintstone Dragon Smarag Image Gallery