One of the glintstone sorceries that manipulates gravitational forces.
Pulls a clump of rocks from the earth and sends them flying. This sorcery can be cast while in motion.
A gravitational technique studied by the young Radahn. His master was an Alabaster Lord with skin of stone.
Where to find Rock Sling
Where to find Rock Sling:
- Found in a chest in an underground cellar just north of the Street of Sages Ruins. It is surrounded by Servants of Rot, but otherwise is free to be picked up. Elden Ring Interactive Map Link.
Elden Ring Rock Sling Guide
- Gravity Sorcery
- Damage is boosted by the Meteorite Staff.
- Stamina Cost: 29
- Medium Cost Sorcery (18 Focus Points per cast).
- Uses only 1 Memory Slot.
- Requires Medium Intelligence (18).
- Deals physical and magic damage
- Cast Speed is medium.
- The delayed projectiles make Rock Sling a good choice to fight enemies that dodge spells (ie. NPC Invaders). They are programmed to dodge the initial cast as opposed to when the projectiles actually launch.
- Cannot be charged.
- Deals decent stance breaking damage.
- Tracks very well on enemies directly below the player, as the projectiles can travel directly downwards.
- The projectiles will travel in a light rightwards curve after launching, so the player should account for intervening map geometry.
- Generally inaccurate for close range as the rocks will shoot past the target. However if the rocks are summoned behind the target because they are so close, the rocks will fling backwards and hit the target.
- Inappropriate for tight spaces, as the 3 projectiles are large and will disintegrate on contact with geometry. There is also considerable spread, and effective DPS is significantly reduced if any projectiles do not make contact. On horseback, this can be mitigated by turning perpendicular to the target (causing all 3 projectiles to travel in an approximately straight line towards the target).
- So long as this spell is cast from the left hand, and a foe is targeted upon casting, both the center and right-most projectile have infinite range. The left-most rock will drop off as normal.
- This is one of a handful of unexpected things whose range is increased from wearing the Arrow's Reach Talisman.
Builds with Rock Sling