Sorcery said to have been used by the old snow witch.
Releases a cold mist before the caster.
This sorcery can be cast while in motion. Charging enhances range of the mist.
The snowy crone taught the young Ranni to fear the dark moon as she imparted her cold sorcery.
Where to find Freezing Mist
- Can be bought from Preceptor Seluvis for 6,000 Runes. Seluvis is located in Seluvis's Rise, inside the Three Sisters region of Liurnia of the Lakes. [Map link]
- Before Seluvis will sell you Sorceries, you must progress in his quest line. The choices you make do not matter.
- Alternatively, giving Ranni the Fingerslayer Blade causes Seluvis's death, or the player could simply attack him. He drops Seluvis's Bell Bearing, and the spell can be purchased from Twin Maiden Husks at Roundtable Hold after offering the bearing to them.
Freezing Mist Guide
- Cold Sorcery
- Stamina Cost: 13
- Inflicts Frostbite buildup (120) on opponents.
- Depending on resistance, for most enemies, it takes about three seconds of being affected by the mist to cause Frostbite.
- The spell will not alert unaware enemies, even when it triggers the Frostbite effect, similar to Poison Mist.
- Unlike Night Maiden's Mist, it does not affect the caster or friendly targets.
- The spell can be charged to enlarge the affected area. (Charging does not affect the rate of effect buildup.)
- The area expands from the point of "impact", reaching its full size in about half a second, or about one second if the spell is charged.
- It has a short range, even when free-aimed into the air.
- While standing in or walking through the mist is sufficient to trigger Frostbite on most enemies, running through it (once) is usually not.
- NOTE: Since Patch 1.07 Frostbite Status Buildup has been increased from 90 to 120.
Freezing Mist Note and Tips
- Updated to patch 1.07. See Patch Notes for details.
- Other notes and player tips go here.