Frostbite is a Status Effect in Elden Ring. Status Effects are various buffs or ailments that apply either a beneficial or detrimental effect to the target. Status Effects can be applied on both enemies and players alike. Status Effects are triggered after a buildup meter is filled by repeated application of attacks that cause the effect. Both players and enemies can have varying resistances to a given Status Effect.
Elden Ring Frostbite Guide
Frostbite is a status effect that builds up through repeated application of the effect. Frostbite is inflicted via various means including Weapons, Skills, and Spells. Once the Frostbite meter is filled, the effect is triggered, dealing damage, and for the 30-second duration, lowering damage absorption by 20%, and reducing stamina recovery.
Frostbite is effective against most enemies that still have flesh.
Frostbite Effects in Elden Ring
Frostbite deals an instance of damage upon triggering, and then lowers the target's damage absorption by 20%, and reduces stamina recovery.
- Frostbite inflicts 10% of a normal enemy's max HP and 5% of a boss's HP, plus 30 damage.
- Debuff increases all damage taken by 20% for 30 seconds.
- Debuff lowers Stamina regeneration for 30 seconds.
- Debuff can be removed by inflicting fire damage.
- Frostbite cannot begin building again until the debuff is gone, either through timing out or removal by fire.
- Frostbite buildup can be mitigated by raising your Robustness stat. Robustness can be improved by adding points into Endurance.
Elden Ring Frostbite Effect on Enemies
Elden Ring Frostbite Notes & Tips
- Inflicting Frostbite then Applying Fire Damage will remove the Frostbite effect, allowing the player to quickly reapply Frostbite