A razor-thin piercing blade of ice.
Forged by Ijii, the carian Royal Blackmith.
Can inflict frost upon enemies, and launch its blade with a strong attack. The blade immediately regenerates.
Where to Find Frozen Needle in Elden Ring
The Frozen Needle weapon can be found at the following location:
- Kingsrealm Ruins: Found in a chest inside a small room at the end of the underground area in the northeast. Requires defeating of the Royal Revenant boss in order to access the room. [Elden Ring Map here]
Elden Ring Frozen Needle Notes & Tips
- Weapon Skill: Impaling Thrust
- This weapon cannot be infused with Ashes of War
- Can't be enchanted with Magic nor boosted by Consumables.
- Frozen Needle can be upgraded by using Somber Smithing Stones
- The heavy attack fires a short-to-medium range ice projectile that uses no FP. Charged heavy attacks give the projectile increased damage and range. The projectile is not affected by Axe Talisman.
- The feint attack (tap dodge while holding R2) will also shoot out a projectile, and is a very useful tool for spacing and makes up for the short range of the projectile by moving your character backwards.
- Due to the unique nature of the Thrusting Sword powerstance moveset, this weapon makes a very good right hand weapon for dual-wielders
- Because of the unique nature of this weapons R2 move, it remains a very viable option even when using two weapons (Typically R2 becomes overshadowed by the higher damage L1s)
- Frozen Needle's biggest weakness is its low overall damage, so powerstancing can help reduce that deficiency
- The 2nd L1 in the thrusting sword powerstance combo is comprised of a triple hit from the right hand weapon ONLY, which will allow you to proc Frost on enemies faster. This also works as the second L1 out of a roll or backstep.
- In addition, you can buff your left hand weapon with fire, making it possible to instantly reset frost and allow you to apply it again just as quickly
- The left hand thrusting sword is typically used for wide slashing attacks, so it makes most sense to leverage a longer tool for your left sword. Estoc or Cleanrot Knight's Sword make for good option.
- This can give you an extremely wide variety of tools to deal with enemies and make for a fun high-skill weapon set that doesn't rely on strong weapon arts
- Causes Frost buildup: (60)
- Sell Value: 200
- Other notes and player tips go here
Moveset & Videos in Elden Ring for Frozen Needle
Frozen Needle Upgrades in Elden Ring
Please see the Upgrades page to understand the weapon bolstering process.
Requires regular reinforcement with Somber Smithing Stones
|Attack Power||Stat Scaling||Passive Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|