A razor-thin piercing blade of ice.
Forged by Ijii, the carian Royal Blackmith.
Can inflict frost upon enemies, and launch its blade with a strong attack. The blade immediately regenerates.
Where to Find Frozen Needle in Elden Ring
The Frozen Needle weapon can be found at the following location:
- Kingsrealm Ruins: Found in a chest inside a small room at the end of the underground area in the northeast. Requires defeating of the Royal Revenant boss in order to access the room. [Elden Ring Map here]
Elden Ring Frozen Needle Notes & Tips
- Weapon Skill: Impaling Thrust
- This weapon cannot be infused with Ashes of War
- Can't be enchanted with Magic nor boosted by Consumables.
- Frozen Needle can be upgraded by using Somber Smithing Stones
- The heavy attack fires a short-to-medium range ice projectile that uses no FP. Charged heavy attacks give the projectile increased damage and range. The projectile is not affected by Axe Talisman.
- The feint attack (tap dodge while holding R2) will also shoot out a projectile, and is a very useful tool for spacing and makes up for the short range of the projectile by moving your character backwards.
- Due to the unique nature of the Thrusting Sword powerstance moveset, this weapon makes a very good right hand weapon for dual-wielders
- Because of the unique nature of this weapons R2 move, it remains a very viable option even when using two weapons (Typically R2 becomes overshadowed by the higher damage L1s)
- Frozen Needle's biggest weakness is its low overall damage, so powerstancing can help reduce that deficiency
- The 2nd L1 in the thrusting sword powerstance combo is comprised of a triple hit from the right hand weapon ONLY, which will allow you to proc Frost on enemies faster. This also works as the second L1 out of a roll or backstep.
- In addition, you can buff your left hand weapon with fire, making it possible to instantly reset frost and allow you to apply it again just as quickly
- The left hand thrusting sword is typically used for wide slashing attacks, so it makes most sense to leverage a longer tool for your left sword. Estoc or Cleanrot Knight's Sword make for good option.
- This can give you an extremely wide variety of tools to deal with enemies and make for a fun high-skill weapon set that doesn't rely on strong weapon arts
- Causes Frost buildup: (60)
- Sell Value: 200
- NOTE: As of Patch 1.08, the speed of Thrusting Swords' crouching attacks has been reduced. Poise damage has also been reduced, but only for PVP.
- NOTE: As of Patch 1.09, the scaling values of this weapon were changed. Please refer to the Upgrades Table of this weapon below.
- Other notes and player tips go here
Moveset & Videos in Elden Ring for Frozen Needle
Frozen Needle PVP Poise Damage Values in Elden Ring
- 1H R1 (1/2/3/4/5/6 Attacks): 108/54/54/54/54/108
- 1H R2 (1/2 Attacks): (108 Projectile)/(108 Projectile)
- 1H Charged R2 (1/2 Attacks): (216 Projectile)/(216 Projectile)
- 1H R1 Jumping: 162
- 1H R2 Jumping: 432
- 2H R1 (1/2/3/4/5/6 Attacks): 140.4/70.2/70.2/70.2/70.2/140.4
- 2H R2 (1/2 Attacks): (108 Projectile)/(108 Projectile)
- 2H Charged R2 (1/2 Attacks): (216 Projectile)/(216 Projectile)
- 2H R1 Jumping: 183.6
- 2H R2 Jumping: 480.6
Frozen Needle Upgrades in Elden Ring
Please see the Upgrades page to understand the weapon bolstering process.
Requires regular reinforcement with Somber Smithing Stones
|Attack Power||Stat Scaling||Passive Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|
|Elden Ring Thrusting Swords|