FP or Focus Points is one of the Stats in Elden Ring. Stats refer to various properties that govern your character's strengths and weaknesses, as well as how they are affected by interactions in and out of combat. FP is an energy resource that fuels your Spells and Skills. It is one of the Base Stats which are directly affected by a player's Main Attribute distribution. Stats such as FP are an important aspect of character progression in Elden Ring.
Elden Ring FP Stat General Information
- FP or Focus Points is a Base Stat that serves as an energy resource consumed when casting Spells or using Skills. It works identically to MP or Mana in other titles.
- In order to use Spells or Skills, you need to have as much or more FP as a spell or skill requires to use.
- FP is one of the most prevalent stats and is constantly displayed on the HUD, represented by a blue bar in the top left corner.
- Resting at a Site of Grace fully replenishes your HP and FP. However, this also causes most enemies to respawn.
How to Increase Character FP in Elden Ring
- A player's Maximum FP can be increased intrinsically by adding points to Mind when leveling up.
- Mind is one of the 8 Main Attributes that players can spend Runes on to level up.
- The ability to level up is unlocked shortly after meeting Melina for the first time near the beginning of the game.
- Leveling up can be done at any Sites of Grace once unlocked.
- The amount of Runes required to raise an Attribute increases with each character Level.
- Runes are obtained primarily by defeating Enemies and Bosses. Certain consumables such as the Fringefolk's Rune can also be used to gain a fixed number of runes.
- Certain Weapons, Armor or Talismans may also affect your maximum FP.
FP-Related Items in Elden Ring
The following Consumables can be used to replenish/reduce FP consumption:
FP-related Equipment in Elden Ring
|Cerulean Seed Talisman||Boosts FP restoration from Flask of Cerulean Tears||0.8||
|Cerulean Amber Medallion||Raises maximum FP||0.3||
|Radahn's Great Rune||Raises maximum HP, FP and Stamina||--------||
|Godrick's Great Rune||Raises all attributes by +5||--------||
Marika's Soreseal (+1 Version)
|Raises mind, intelligence, faith, arcane, but also increases damage taken||0.8||
|Preceptor's Big Hat||Increases mind to the detriment of stamina||3.6||
|Navy Hood||Increases mind||1.7||
|Assassin's Cerulean Dagger||Critical hits restore FP||0.8||
|Ancestral Spirit's Horn||Restores FP upon defeating enemies||1.2||
|Sacrificial Axe||Restores FP upon defeating enemies||5.5||
|Sword of Milos||Restores FP upon defeating enemies||10||
|Primal Glintstone Blade||Spells consume less FP, but maximum HP is reduced||0.6||
|Glintstone Scarab||Lowers FP consumed by sorceries, but increases damage taken.||5.1||
|Incantation Scarab||Lowers FP consumed by incantations, but increases damage taken.||5.1||
|Ash-of-War Scarab||Lowers FP consumed by skills, but increases damage taken.||5.1||
|Carian Filigreed Crest||Lowers FP consumed by skills||0.8||
Elden Ring FP Notes & Tips
- FP Increase by Mind Level
- The soft caps are 15, 35, and 60
- A fully upgraded Flask of Cerulean Tears restores 220 FP and at Level 38, the player has 221 FP
- The formulas for calculating FP are as follows:
- Level 1 - 15 --> 50 + 45*((Lvl - 1) / 14)
- Level 16 - 35 --> 95 + 105*((Lvl - 15) / 20)
- Level 36 - 60 --> 200 + 150*(1 - (1 - ((Lvl - 35) / 25))^1.2))
- Level 61 - 99 --> 350 + 100*((Lvl - 60) / 39)
- The resulting number is always rounded down