|Effect||Attribute required to wield advanced armaments.
Also boosts attack power of dexterity-scaling armaments, reduces casting time of Spells, softens fall damage, and makes it harder to be knocked off your horse.
Dexterity is one of the Stats in Elden Ring. Stats refer to various properties that govern your character's strengths and weaknesses, as well as how they are affected by interactions in and out of combat. Dexterity primarily affects a player's ability to wield Dexterity-based Armaments, as well as the damage dealt by such weapons. It is one of the 8 Main Attributes that players can spend Runes on to level up, increasing the Stat's effectiveness and influencing their relative secondary stats. Stats such as Dexterity are an important aspect of character progression in Elden Ring.
Dexterity Elden Ring Guide
- Dexterity (DEX) is a Main Attribute that primarily allows the wielding of Dexterity-based Armaments (Weapons). It also acts as the primary modifier that influences the damage dealt by such weapons.
- Weapons in Elden Ring have a minimum Stat requirement that needs to be met before the weapon can be wielded. Most weapons require investment in either the Dexterity or Strength stats, or a combination of both. For example, the Scimitar requires 12 DEX and 8 STR to equip. Some weapons may also require points in Intelligence, Faith or Arcane in order to wield. This is especially true for spell-based weapons such as Glintstone Staves and Sacred Seals.
- Weapons are also given a Scaling Grade denoting the degree to which they scale with an attribute. Each point allocated to the Dexterity stat increases the damage dealt by weapons with Dexterity scaling. A weapon with a Dexterity scaling grade of S will benefit the most from the Dexterity Attribute, followed by grades A, B, C, D, and E.
- Note that attributes will incur diminishing returns at higher levels, significantly reducing their benefits after a certain point with regards to weapon scaling. This is often referred to as the 'Soft Cap'. A 'Hard Cap' also exists in which additional points in an attribute returns little to no benefit.
- When scaling the attack power of a melee armament, like all stats, Dexterity soft caps differ depending on the weapon and the damage type being scaled. Scaling on physical damage is often 18/60/80 by default, 20/60/80 on keen affinities and some unique weapons, and 16/60/80 on quality affinities. Note that in the rare case that magic, fire, lightning, or holy scales on dexterity, the soft caps are always 20/50/80.
- When scaling the incantation scaling of the Frenzied Flame Seal, Dexterity soft caps are 15/30/45.
- Dexterity also affects the cast speed of Sorceries and Incantations. Every point in Dexterity increases the cast speed slightly.
- Points in Dexterity reduces Fall Damage, as well as making it harder to get knocked off Torrent.
How to Increase Dexterity in Elden Ring?
Dexterity is one of the Main Attributes that players can spend Runes on in order to level up.
- The ability to level up is unlocked shortly after meeting Melina for the first time near the beginning of the game.
- Leveling up can be done at any Site of Grace once unlocked.
- The amount of Runes required to raise an Attribute increases with each character Level.
- Runes are obtained primarily by defeating Enemies and Bosses. Certain consumables such as the Fringefolk's Rune can also be used to gain a fixed number of runes.
- Prosthesis-Wearer Heirloom (+5)
- Millicent's Prosthesis (+5)
- Radagon's Scarseal (+3) / Radagon's Soreseal (+5)
- Consort's Mask (+1)
- Okina Mask (+3)
- Flask of Wondrous Physik - Dexterity-knot Crystal Tear (+10 while in effect)
- Godrick's Great Rune (+5 while in effect)
Level Progression for Dexterity in Elden Ring
Information about Level Progression will be added soon
|Lvl 1||Attack Power Progression goes here|
|Lvl 2||Attack Power Progression goes here|
|Lvl 3||Attack Power Progression goes here|
|Lvl 4||Attack Power Progression goes here|
|Lvl 5||Attack Power Progression goes here|
Elden Ring Dexterity Builds
Elden Ring Dexterity Notes & Tips
- Notes & Tips go here.