|Effect||Attribute required to wield advanced armaments.
Also boosts attack power of dexterity-scaling armaments, reduces casting time of Spells, softens fall damage, and makes it harder to be knocked off your horse.
Dexterity is one of the Stats in Elden Ring. Stats refer to various properties that govern your character's strengths and weaknesses, as well as how they are affected by interactions in and out of combat. Dexterity primarily affects a player's ability to wield Dexterity-based Armaments, as well as the damage dealt by such weapons. It is one of the 8 Main Attributes that players can spend Runes on to level up, increasing the Stat's effectiveness and influencing their relative secondary stats. Stats such as Dexterity are an important aspect of character progression in Elden Ring.
Dexterity Elden Ring Guide
- Dexterity (DEX) is a Main Attribute that primarily allows the wielding of Dexterity-based Armaments (Weapons). It also acts as the primary modifier that influences the damage dealt by such weapons.
- Weapons in Elden Ring have a minimum Stat requirement that needs to be met before the weapon can be wielded. Most weapons require investment in either the Dexterity or Strength stats, or a combination of both. For example, the Scimitar requires 12 DEX and 8 STR to equip. Some weapons may also require points in Intelligence, Faith or Arcane in order to wield. This is especially true for spell-based weapons such as Glintstone Staves and Sacred Seals.
- Weapons are also given a Scaling Grade denoting the degree to which they scale with an attribute. Each point allocated to the Dexterity stat increases the damage dealt by weapons with Dexterity scaling. A weapon with a Dexterity scaling grade of S will benefit the most from the Dexterity Attribute, followed by grades A, B, C, D, and E.
- Note that attributes will incur diminishing returns at higher levels, significantly reducing their benefits after a certain point with regards to weapon scaling. This is often referred to as the 'Soft Cap'. A 'Hard Cap' also exists in which additional points in an attribute returns little to no benefit.
- When scaling the attack power of a melee armament, like all stats, Dexterity soft caps differ depending on the weapon and the damage type being scaled. Scaling on physical damage is often 18/60/80 by default, 20/60/80 on keen affinities and some unique weapons, and 16/60/80 on quality affinities. Note that in the rare case that magic, fire, lightning, or holy scales on dexterity, the soft caps are always 20/50/80.
- When scaling the incantation scaling of the Frenzied Flame Seal, Dexterity soft caps are 15/30/45.
- Dexterity also affects the cast speed of Sorceries and Incantations. Every point in Dexterity increases the cast speed slightly.
- Points in Dexterity reduces Fall Damage, as well as making it harder to get knocked off Torrent.
How to Increase Dexterity in Elden Ring?
Dexterity is one of the Main Attributes that players can spend Runes on in order to level up.
- The ability to level up is unlocked shortly after meeting Melina for the first time near the beginning of the game.
- Leveling up can be done at any Site of Grace once unlocked.
- The amount of Runes required to raise an Attribute increases with each character Level.
- Runes are obtained primarily by defeating Enemies and Bosses. Certain consumables such as the Fringefolk's Rune can also be used to gain a fixed number of runes.
- Prosthesis-Wearer Heirloom (+5)
- Millicent's Prosthesis (+5)
- Radagon's Scarseal (+3) / Radagon's Soreseal (+5)
- Consort's Mask (+1)
- Okina Mask (+3)
- Imp Head Long Tongued (+2)
- Flask of Wondrous Physik - Dexterity-knot Crystal Tear (+10 while in effect)
- Godrick's Great Rune (+5 while in effect)
- Oath of Vengence (+5 while in effect)
Level Progression for Dexterity in Elden Ring
Information about Level Progression will be added soon
|Lvl 1||Attack Power Progression goes here|
|Lvl 2||Attack Power Progression goes here|
|Lvl 3||Attack Power Progression goes here|
|Lvl 4||Attack Power Progression goes here|
|Lvl 5||Attack Power Progression goes here|
Minimum Dexterity Requirements for Weapons in Elden Ring
(Weapons with no required minimum are not shown)
5 - Torch
7 - Iron Cleaver, Curved Club, Spiked Club, Mace, Hammer, Nox Flowing Hammer
8 - Hand Axe, Battle Axe, Warped Axe, Jawbone Axe, Celebrant's Cleaver, Greataxe, Longhaft Axe, Executioner's Greataxe, Gargoyle's Greataxe, Gargoyle's Black Axe, Stone Club, Morning Star, Battle Hammer, Rotten Battle Hammer, Cranial Vessel Candlestand, Prelate's Inferno Crozier, Troll's Hammer, Staff of the Avatar, Rotten Staff, Caestus, Iron Ball, Star Fist, Misbegotten Shortbow, Soldier's Crossbow, Light Crossbow, Carian Glintstone Staff, Steelwire Torch, Beast-Repellent Torch, Sentry's Torch
9 - Dagger, Lazuli Glintstone Sword, Banished Knight's Greatsword, Serpent-God's Curved Sword, Highland Axe, Rusted Anchor, Warpick, Ringed Finger, Venomous Fang, Harp Bow
10 - Cinqueda, Shortsword, Longsword, Broadsword, Weathered Straight Sword, Lordsworn's Straight Sword, Carian Knight's Sword, Crystal Sword, Rotten Crystal Sword, Golden Epitaph, Bastard Sword, Lordsworn's Greatsword, Iron Greatsword, Gargoyle's Greatsword, Gargoyle's Blackblade, Helphen's Steeple, Troll's Golden Sword, Watchdog's Greatsword, Noble's Estoc, Sacrificial Axe, Rosus' Axe, Curved Great Club, Greathorn Hammer, Beastclaw Greathammer, Pickaxe, Duelist Greataxe, Rotten Greataxe, Watchdog's Staff, Short Spear, Clayman's Harpoon, Gargoyle's Halberd, Nightrider Glaive, Gargoyle's Black Halberd, Dragon Halberd, Spiked Caestus, Katar, Shortbow, Heavy Crossbow, Full Moon Crossbow, Carian Regal Scepter, Ghostflame Torch, St Trina's Torch
11 - Celebrant's Sickle, Ivory Sickle, Noble's Slender Sword, Cane Sword, Miquellan Knight's Sword, Dark Moon Greatsword, Zweihander, Beastman's Curved Sword, Ripple Blade, Envoy's Long Horn, Iron Spear, Pulley Bow
12 - Misericorde, Great Knife, Bloodstained Dagger, Erdsteel Dagger, Crystal Knife, Scorpion's Stinger, Glintstone Kris, Black Knife, Sword of St Trina, Sword of Night and Flame, Knight's Greatsword, Alabaster Lord's Sword, Starscourge Greatsword, Greatsword, Maliketh's Black Blade, Rapier, Mantis Blade, Grossmesser, Great Omenkiller Cleaver, Envoy's Horn, Marika's Hammer, Chainlink Flail, Celebrant's Skull, Great Stars, Envoy's Greathorn, Fallingstar Beast Jaw, Partisan, Ripple Crescent Halberd, Lucerne, Halberd, Banished Knight's Halberd, Giant's Red Braid, Veteran's Prosthesis, Erdtree Bow, Arbalest, Jar Cannon, Carian Glintblade Staff, Staff of Loss
13 - Wakazashi, Reduvia, Blade of Calling, Claymore, Ordovis' Greatsword, Flamberge, Marais Executioner's Sword, Estoc, Cleanrot Knight's Sword, Bandit's Curved Sword, Scimitar, Shamshir, Falchion, Monk's Flamemace, Siluria's Tree, Vulgar Militia Saw, Pest's Glaive, Grave Scythe
14 - Parrying Dagger, Ornamental Straight Sword, Troll Knight's Sword, Grafted Blade Greatsword, Scavenger's Curved Sword, Beastman's Cleaver, Meteoric Ore Blade, Forked Hatchet, Golem's Halberd, Dragon Greatclaw, Axe of Godfrey, Pike, Celebrant's Rib-Rake, Lance, Mohgwyn's Sacred Spear, Commander's Standard, Golden Halberd, Scythe, Whip, Grafted Dragon, Hookclaws, Raptor Talons, Longbow, Horn Bow, Erdtree Greatbow, Hand Ballista
15 - Blasphemous Blade, Nox Flowing Sword, Magma Blade, Magma Wyrm's Scalesword, Uchigatana, Gargoyle's Twinblade, Gargoyle's Black Blades, Stormhawk Axe, Crescent Moon Axe, Spear, Inquisitor's Girandole Torchpole, Glaive, Loretta's War Sickle, Bloodhound Claws, Composite Bow, Serpent Bow
16 - Warhawk's Talon, Forked Greatsword, Great Epee, Dismounter, Omen Cleaver, Onyx Lord's Greatsword, Icerind Hatchet, Varre's Bouquet, Crystal Spear, Rotten Crystal Spear, Spiked Spear, Cleanrot Spear, Vulgar Militia Shotel, Guardian's Swordspear, Halo Scythe, Winged Scythe, Thorned Whip, Magma Whip Candlestick, Red Branch Shortbow, Pulley Crossbow, Crepus's Black-Key Crossbow
17 - Death's Poker, Rogier's Rapier, Godskin Stitcher, Wing of Astel, Flowing Curved Sword, Bloodhound's Fang
18 - Regalia of Eochaid, Inseperable Sword, Royal Greatsword, Frozen Needle, Zamor Curved Sword, Monk's Flameblade, Moonveil, Rivers of Blood, Twinblade, Twinned Knight Swords, Scepter of the All-Knowing, Flail, Family Heads, Ghiza's Wheel, Albinauric Bow, Golem Greatbow, Lion Greatbow
19 - Sword of Milos, Bloody Helice, Shotel, Urumi
20 - Antspur Rapier, Dragonscale Blade, Butchering Knife, Winged Greathorn, Devourer's Scepter, Cross-Naginata, Death Ritual Spear, Vyke's War Spear, Hoslow's Petal Whip, Black Bow, Greatbow
21 - Golden Order Greatsword, Eleonora's Poleblade
22 - Godslayer's Greatsword, Nagakiba, Serpentbone Blade, Godskin Peeler, Axe of Godrick, Bastard's Stars, Treespear, Clinging Bone
24 - Sacred Relic Sword, Nightrider Flail
25 - Eclipse Shotel
35 - Morgott's Cursed Sword
37 - Dragon King's Cragblade
40 - Bolt of Gransax
48 - Hand of Malenia
Elden Ring Dexterity Builds
Elden Ring Dexterity Notes & Tips
- Notes & Tips go here.