Bolt of Gransax is a Spear in Elden Ring. The Bolt of Gransax scales primarily with Strength and Dexterity and is a potent Lightning-imbued Weapon to hunt down dragon-like enemies or engage dangerous foes from afar.
Spear whittled from the weapon wielded by Gransax.
One of the legendary armaments.
A great ancient dragon, Gransax once rained calamity upon the Royal Capital - the only time in historical record that Leyndell's walls have fallen. This marked the dawn of the war against dragons.
Where to Find Bolt of Gransax in Elden Ring
The Bolt of Gransax weapon can be found at the following location:
- Can be found in Leyndell, Royal Capital, after beating Godfrey, First Elden Lord (Golden Shade): From the Erdtree Sanctuary grace, walk out the western door, take the elevator down, go down the staircase to the walkway, jump down onto the giant spear lodged into the building, and then walk up it (you should see the Bolt shining near the handle of the giant spear). [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Additionally, the spear can be obtained upon first entry of Leyndell, Royal Capital, without having killed the Godfrey shade: From the East Capital Rampart Gate grace, go out the western door, follow the path south to the lift, ride it down, climb up the ladder inside the room ahead, go southwest onto the patio with two Perfumers, jump over the southwest railing onto the walkway below, go west along the pathway until you reach the railing around the giant spear on your left, make a running jump from the broken railing to the roof of the gazebo, make a running jump southwest onto the far right side of the ledge below the spear (this is hard, you need to jump from the right side of the roof and about halfway down—instead of the edge—to have enough height; you can head northwest to the stairs to try again if you miss), jump up the giant spear (carefully, there are several opportunities to fall), collect weapon.
- Cannot be acquired in Leyndell, Ashen Capital. You must get it before defeating Maliketh, the Black Blade at Crumbling Farum Azula.
Elden Ring Bolt of Gransax Notes & Tips
- Weapon Skill: Ancient Lightning Spear
- This weapon cannot be infused with Ashes of War
- Cannot be enchanted with Magic nor buffed by Consumables
- Bolt of Gransax can be upgraded by using Somber Smithing Stones
- Bolt of Gransax is one of the nine Legendary Armaments found within the game. Collecting it is part of an achivement/trophy.
- Deals +20% damage against Dragon type enemies
- Deals +10% damage against Ancient Dragon type enemies
- Sell Value: 1000.
- Other notes and player tips go here
Moveset & Videos in Elden Ring for Bolt of Gransax
Bolt of Gransax Upgrades in Elden Ring
Please see the Upgrades page to understand the weapon bolstering process.
Requires regular reinforcement with Somber Smithing Stones.
|Attack Power||Stat Scaling||Passive Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|
|Bolt of Gransax||Phy||Mag||Fir||Lit||Hol||Sta||Str||Dex||Int||Fai||Arc||Any||Phy||Mag||Fir||Lit||Hol||Bst||Rst|