|Effect||Shows your current defense against Lightning damage|
Lightning Defense is a Defensive Stat in Elden Ring. Lightning Defense shows your defense power and damage negation against lightning attacks. Stats determine the strengths and weaknesses of your character. Defensive Stats are determined by your Attributes and Equipment.
Lightning Damage is not as common as poison or fire damage, so it is recommended to only focus on Lightning Defense by using equipment at the moment you think you'll need it instead of permanently spending Runes to increase it.
Lightning Defense Elden Ring Guide
- Your defense power and damage negation against lightning attacks.
- The former is calculated via your level, while the latter is calculated via defensive gear and active passive effects.
Elden Ring How to increase character's Lightning Defense
- VS Lightning Defense can only be increased by Rune Level and equipment. There is no stat that directly governs VS Lightning Defense.
Related Equipment & Items in Elden Ring for Lightning Negation
- Boltdrake Talisman (13%/17%/20% depending on variant)
- Pearldrake Talisman (5%/7%/9% depending on variant)
- Bull-Goat Set offers the best combined Lightning Negation
- Malformed Dragon Set has second best Lightning Negation but is much lighter than Bull-Goat Set
Elden Ring VS Lightning Defense Notes & Tips
- Defense Increase by Rune Level
- The soft caps for Rune Level are 71, 91, and 161
- The formulas for calculating Lightning Defense on Rune Level are as follows:
- Level 1 - 71 --> 40 + 60*((Lvl+79 - 1) / 149)
- Level 72 - 91 --> 100 + 20*((Lvl+79 - 150) / 20)
- Level 92 - 161 --> 120 + 15*((Lvl+79 - 170) / 70)
- Level 162 - 713 --> 135 + 20*((Lvl+79 - 240) / 552)
- The resulting number is rounded down for the UI menu