|Effect||Increases your resistance to instant death from Blight buildup|
Vitality is a Defensive Stat in Elden Ring. Vitality shows your resistance to death. Stats determine the strengths and weaknesses of your character. Defensive Stats are determined by your Attributes and Equipment.
Vitality Elden Ring Guide
- Your resistance to Death Blight buildup.
- The higher the number, the lower your susceptibility to instant death.
- Governed by your attributes, as well as protective gear, and active passive effects.
Elden Ring How to increase character Vitality
- Vitality can be increased by adding points to Arcane.
Related Equipment & Items in Elden Ring for Vitality
You can use the following Equipment and Items to increase your Vitality:
- Prince of Death's Pustule (+90)
- Prince of Death's Cyst (+140)
- Pillory Shield (+50)
- Grave Scythe (+35)
- Fia's Set pieces have the highest innate Vitality per armor piece. The Deathbed Dress has comparable Vitality to Fia's Robe.
- Lusat's Set has the highest combined Vitality.
Elden Ring Vitality Notes & Tips
- Immunity Increase by Rune Level and Arcane Level
- The soft caps for Rune Level are 71, 111, and 161
- The soft caps for Arcane are 15, 40, and 60
- The formulas for calculating Vitality on Rune Level are as follows:
- Level 1 - 71 --> 75 + 30*((Lvl+79 - 1) / 149)
- Level 72 - 111 --> 105 + 40*((Lvl+79 - 150) / 40)
- Level 112 - 161 --> 145 + 15*((Lvl+79 - 190) / 50)
- Level 162 - 713 --> 160 + 20*((Lvl+79 - 240) / 552)
- The formulas for calculating Vitality on Arcane are as follows:
- Level 1 - 15 --> Lvl
- Level 16 - 40 --> 15 + 15*((Lvl - 15) / 25)
- Level 41 - 60 --> 30 + 10*((Lvl - 40) / 20)
- Level 61 - 99 --> 40 + 10*((Lvl - 60) / 39)
- After adding both numbers together, the resulting number is rounded down for the UI menu. Armor resistance stats are also added to the result.
Join the page discussion Register to EDIT the Wiki!
Noble's trousers, prophet's trousers, erramt sorceror boots, and traveling maiden boots are all tied at 51 vitality.
Depraved perfumer gloves, traveling maiden gloves, noble's gloves and queen's bracelets are all tied at 28 vitality.
Sooooo... Where do I get it? I'd look myself, but I'm a little too burnt out with the game to put in the effort.
I don’t ****ing understand any of this
for the entire time this game has been out I thought vitality was resistance to being one shot by things.. “instant death” confused my tiny brain.
Why are there 2 numbers by vitality in your character status screen? What do each mean?
Envoy Crown has 46 vitality, highest vitality gloves I've found are traveling maiden, queen's bracelets, noble's gloves tied at 28, noble's trousers have 51 vitality
Fia's Robe is the highest vitality I've seen at 108
Deathbed dress has awful physical damage resistance but gives a huge buff to vitality
The stone wolf head(8.1 weight) increases your endurance by 2 levels which increases your vitality.
Pillory Shield increases vitality by fifty points, according to its page here on fextra
So, uh, is it worth increasing your vitality, or what?
Vitality is just resist to curse, from basilisks etc.
nox mirrorhelm gives like 22 vitality
Vitality: the word that means whatever From wants it mean from game to game
Yes, I understand fully, however "Resistance to death" is pretty funny within the context of a Soulslike.
Y'all Death is a status condition like curse in ds1 where you die instantly, vitality is the resistance to that
So this mechanic is the reason why I so frequently get hit down to exactly 1 HP? Did the other games have anything like this? Perhaps they wanted this as another "second chance" mechanic like resurrection in Sekiro.
So this mechanic is the reason why I so frequently get hit to exactly 1HP? Did the other games have anything like this? Perhaps they wanted a "second chance" mechanic similar to resurrection in Sekiro.
Found the Pillory Shield in a secret dungeon that raises vitality by quite a bit, not that great stats but it got some fashion potential
is this the stat that makes you more likely to be at 1 hp instead of 0?
that's pretty op
Prince of Death's Pustule AND Prince of Death's Cyst both raise Vitality, The Cyst "Greatly Increases".
it can be raised with the talisman "prince of death's pustule" that you can find in stormveil castle beside the big face thing down at the bottom
i dont get it
I got an item called "Prince of Death's Pustule." It's a talisman that says it raises vitality.
Prince of death's pustule raises vitality