|Effect||Shows your current defense against Fire damage|
Fire Defense is a Defensive Stat in Elden Ring. Fire Defense shows your defense power and damage negation against fire attacks. Stats determine the strengths and weaknesses of your character. Defensive Stats are determined by your Attributes and Equipment.
Fire is the most common elemental damage, that many enemies inflicts, Sorcerers, Dragons, enemies using torchs are very commonly found and they usually use the torch as a weapon. Even Dungeon traps usually perform great amounts of Fire Damage. Some fire attacks have a great AoE and some other attacks will take you by surprise. So it is wise to consider Fire Defense for PvE builds.
Fire Defense Elden Ring Guide
- Your defense power and damage negation against fire attacks.
- The former is calculated via attributes, while the latter is calculated via defensive gear and active passive effects.
Elden Ring How to increase character VS Fire Resistance
Related Equipment & Items in Elden Ring for Fire Resistance
- Flamedrake Talisman (13%/17%/20% depending on variant)
- Pearldrake Talisman (5%/7%/9% depending on variant)
- Fire Prelate Set has the highest combined Fire Negation
Elden Ring VS Fire Resistance Notes & Tips
- Defense Increase by Rune Level and Vigor Level
- The soft caps for Rune Level are 71, 91, and 161
- The soft caps for Vigor are 30, 40, and 60
- The formulas for calculating Fire Defense on Rune Level are as follows:
- Level 1 - 71 --> 40 + 60*((Lvl+79 - 1) / 149)
- Level 72 - 91 --> 100 + 20*((Lvl+79 - 150) / 20)
- Level 92 - 161 --> 120 + 15*((Lvl+79 - 170) / 70)
- Level 162 - 713 --> 135 + 20*((Lvl+79 - 240) / 552)
- The formulas for calculating Fire Defense on Vigor are as follows:
- Level 1 - 30 --> 20*(Lvl / 30)
- Level 31 - 40 --> 20 + 20*((Lvl - 30) / 10)
- Level 41 - 60 --> 40 + 20*((Lvl - 40) / 20)
- Level 61 - 99 --> 60 + 10*((Lvl - 60) / 39)
- After adding both numbers together, the resulting number is rounded down for the UI menu