|Effect||Shows your current Physical defense.|
Physical Defense is a Defensive Stat in Elden Ring. Physical Defense shows your defense power and damage negation against standard physical attacks. Stats determine the strengths and weaknesses of your character. Defensive Stats are determined by Attributes and Equipment.
Physical Defense Elden Ring Guide
- Your Physical Defense and Physical Negation against physical attacks.
- The former is calculated via attributes, while the latter is calculated via defensive gear and active and passive effects.
Elden Ring How to increase character Physical Defense
Related Equipment & Items in Elden Ring for Physical Defense
While no equipment directly affects your Physical Defense, your armor is your main source of Physical Negation.
- The Bull-Goat Set has the highest total Physical Negation but is extremely heavy.
- All variants of the Dragoncrest Shield Talisman increase your Physical Negation. (10/13/17)
- The Dragoncrest Greatshield Talisman gives a 20% bonus to Physical Negation.
Elden Ring Physical Defense Notes & Tips
- Defense increase by Rune Level and Strength level:
- The soft caps for Rune Level are 71, 91, and 161.
- The soft caps for Strength are 30, 40, and 60.
- The formulas for calculating Physical Defense by Rune Level are as follows:
- Level 1 - 71: 40 + 60*((Level+79 - 1) / 149)
- Level 72 - 91: 100 + 20*((Level+79 - 150) / 20)
- Level 92 - 161: 120 + 15*((Level+79 - 170) / 70)
- Level 162 - 713: 135 + 20*((Level+79 - 240) / 552)
- The formulas for calculating Physical Defense by Strength are as follows:
- Level 1 - 30: 10*(Level / 30)
- Level 31 - 40: 10 + 5*((Level - 30) / 10)
- Level 41 - 60: 15 + 15*((Level - 40) / 20)
- Level 61 - 99: 30 + 10*((Level - 60) / 39)
- After adding both numbers together, the resulting number is rounded down for the UI menu.