Equip Load is one of the Stats in Elden Ring. Stats refer to various properties that govern your character's strengths and weaknesses, as well as how they are affected by interactions in and out of combat. Equip Load determines your mobility based on the total weight of your currently equipped Armaments, Armor, and Talismans, affecting your ability to take evasive actions, depending on the amount of load. It is one of the Base Stats which are directly affected by a player's Main Attribute distribution. Stats such as Equip Load are an important aspect of character progression in Elden Ring.
Elden Ring Equip Load Guide
- Equip Load is a Base Stat that directly affects a character's ability to move and take evasive action. Specifically, Equip Load affects your ability to perform dodge rolls and backsteps.
- Equip Load is represented in the Status Screen as two numbers in a fraction. The number on the left determines the total weight of your currently equipped Weapons, Armor, and Talismans, while the number on the right indicates your Maximum Equip Load, which is directly affected by your Endurance stat.
- Higher total weight equipped increases Fall Damage by a small amount at high Equip Load.
- Backstep recovery time only affects the time it takes to start moving normally after backstepping or to backstep repeatedly, not the time it takes to do a Lunge Attack.
- Rolls and backsteps always cost 12 Stamina regardless of Equip Load.
|Weight Ratio %||Status||Effect|
|≤ 29.9%||Light Load||Roll has 13 iFrames and 8 recovery frames on 30 FPS. Further roll distance and quicker backstep recovery than normal Equip Load.|
|30.0% – 69.9%||Med. Load||Roll has 13 iFrames and 8 recovery frames on 30 FPS.|
|70.0% – 99.9%||Heavy Load||
Roll has 12 iFrames and 16 recovery frames on 30 FPS. Longer roll and backstep recovery than normal Equip Load. Stamina regeneration rate is penalized by about 20%.
|≥ 100.0%||Overloaded||Unable to perform rolls or backsteps. Standard movement becomes slow and cumbersome.|
How to Increase Maximum Equip Load in Elden Ring
- A player's maximum Equip Load can be increased by adding points to Endurance.
- Endurance is one of the 8 Main Attributes that players can spend Runes on to level up.
- The ability to level up is unlocked shortly after meeting Melina for the first time near the beginning of the game.
- Leveling up can be done at any Sites of Grace once unlocked.
- The amount of Runes required to raise an Attribute increases with each character Level.
- Runes are obtained primarily by defeating Enemies and Bosses. Certain consumables such as the Fringefolk's Rune can also be used to gain a fixed number of runes.
RELATED EQUIPMENT & ITEMS in Elden Ring for EQUIP LOAD
ELDEN RING EQUIP LOAD NOTES & TIPS
- The maximum obtainable Equip Load is 205.6 and is reached when a character with 99 Endurance equips Great-Jar's Arsenal
and Erdtree's Favor +2. This means the highest load you can carry while still maintaining the fastest rolls is 61.4.
This can be temporarily increased even further to 925.3 when drinking a Flask of Wondrous Physick with a Winged Crystal Tear.
- Elden Ring's Equip Load does not come into play while mounted; using the Spirit Steed will bypass any movement restrictions.
- Additionally, Stamina is not consumed out of combat, so players can sprint indefinitely while exploring.
- Fall Damage is increased starting at 70% Equip Load. At 100% Equip Load, you'll take 10% more damage from falls, up to 30% at 150% Equip Load.
Equip Load Increase by Endurance Level
- The soft caps are 25 and 60.
- The formulas for calculating Equip Load are as follows:
- Level 1 - 25 --> 45 + 27*((Lvl - 8) / 17)
- Level 26 - 60 --> 72 + 48*(((Lvl - 25) / 35)^1.1)
- Level 61 - 99 --> 120 + 40*((Lvl - 60) / 39)
- Only the first decimal point is kept.
|Level||Equip Load||Increase by|