|Effect||Shows your current defense against Magic attacks|
Magic Defense is a Defensive Stat in Elden Ring. Magic Defense shows your defense power and damage negation against magical attacks. Stats determine the strengths and weaknesses of your character. Defensive Stats are determined by your attributes and Equipment.
Magic is very commonly used in PvP, so increasing Magic Defense is key for PvP builds.
Magic Defense Elden Ring Guide
- Your defense power and damage negation against magical attacks.
- The former is calculated via attributes, while the latter is calculated via defensive gear and active passive effects.
Elden Ring How to Increase Character Magic Defense
- Magic Defense can be increased by assigning points to Intelligence.
Related Equipment & Items in Elden Ring for Magic Defense
- Spelldrake Talisman (13%/17%/20% based on variant).
- Pearldrake Talisman (5%/7%/9% based on variant).
- Lusat's Set has the best total Magic Damage Negation.
- Royal Knight Set has one of the best total Magic Damage Negation while having high Poise.
Elden Ring VS Magic Resistance Notes & Tips
- Defense increase by Rune Level and Intelligence level:
- The soft caps for Rune Level are 71, 91, and 161
- The soft caps for Intelligence are 20, 35, and 60
- The formulas for calculating Magic Defense by Rune Level are as follows:
- Level 1 - 71: 40 + 60*((Lvl+79 - 1) / 149)
- Level 72 - 91: 100 + 20*((Lvl+79 - 150) / 20)
- Level 92 - 161: 120 + 15*((Lvl+79 - 170) / 70)
- Level 162 - 713: 135 + 20*((Lvl+79 - 240) / 552)
- The formulas for calculating Magic Defense by Intelligence are as follows:
- Level 1 - 20: 40*(Lvl / 20)
- Level 21 - 35: 40 + 10*((Lvl - 20) / 15)
- Level 36 - 60: 50 + 10*((Lvl - 35) / 25)
- Level 61 - 99: 60 + 10*((Lvl - 60) / 39)
- After adding both numbers together, the resulting number is rounded down for the UI menu.