Magma Blade is a Curved Sword in Elden Ring. The Magma Blade scales primarily with Strength and Faith, with reduced scaling in Dexterity, and is a good Weapon for characters who prioritise strength and want to deal additional Fire damage while benefitting from the swift curved sword move set.
Curved sword with a blade fashioned from the lava of Mt. Gelmir.
An armament of the man-serpents, impossible for a human to have made.
Deals fire damage.
Where to Find Magma Blade in Elden Ring
The Magma Blade weapon can be found at the following location:
- Possible drop from Man-Serpent enemies wielding the orange glowing Magma Blade at Volcano Manor. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Two of the Serpents can be easily accessed by going up the wooden elevator outside of the building to the North of the Temple of Eiglay Site of Grace: one enemy down the hallway, the other through the first archway to the right.
Elden Ring Magma Blade Notes & Tips
- Weapon Skill: Magma Shower
- This weapon cannot be infused with Ashes of War
- Cannot be enchanted with Magic nor boosted by Consumables
- Magma Blade can be upgraded by using Somber Smithing Stones
- Sell Value: 200
- Base drop rate is 1% (at 100 Discovery).
- Scales with Strength better than Faith: 45/45 Str/Fth equals 608 AR (376 Phys, 231 Fire), 80/16 Str/Fth equals 619 AR (432 Phys, 185 Fire), and 9/80 Str/Fth equals 536 AR (280 Phys, 254 Fire).
- This weapon is very often used on a pure Strength build with just enough Faith to use it, however another devastating strategy is to prioritize Faith and make liberal use of the ranged lava on the weapon art.
- NOTE: As of Patch 1.08, poise damage has been reduced, but only for PVP.
- NOTE: As of Patch 1.09, the scaling values of this weapon were changed. Please refer to the Upgrades Table of this weapon below. Additionally, the running attack speed, first attack speed of straight sword has increased. The attack recovery time has also decreased.
Moveset & Videos in Elden Ring for Magma Blade
Magma Blade PVP Poise Damage Values in Elden Ring
- 1H R1 (1/2/3/4/5/6 Attacks): 135/67.5/67.5/67.5/67.5/135
- 1H R2 (1/2 Attacks): 270/270
- 1H Charged R2 (1/2 Attacks): 270+540/270+540
- 1H R1 Jumping: 202.5
- 1H R2 Jumping: 540
- 2H R1 (1/2/3/4/5/6 Attacks): 175.5/87.5/87.5/87.5/87.5/175.5
- 2H R2 (1/2 Attacks): 297/297
- 2H Charged R2 (1/2 Attacks): 297+594/297+594
- 2H R1 Jumping: 263.25
- 2H R2 Jumping: 594
Magma Blade Upgrades in Elden Ring
Please see the Upgrades page to understand the weapon bolstering process.
Requires regular reinforcement with Somber Smithing Stones.
|Attack Power||Stat Scaling||Passive Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|