Black Knife is a Dagger in Elden Ring. The Black Knife scales primarily with Faith and Dexterity and is a good Weapon for dealing additional Holy Damage and for its Unique Skill, Blade of Death, that allows the user to fire an additional projectile.
Dagger once belonging to one of the assassins who murdered Godwyn the Golden on the Night of the Black Knives.
A ritual performed on the oddly misshapen blade imbued it with the power of the stolen Rune of Death.
Where to Find Black Knife in Elden Ring
The Black Knife weapon can be found at the following location:
- This is a drop from defeating the Black Knife Assassin at the entrance of Sainted Hero's Grave, in Altus Plateau. This boss is directly west of the Rampartside Path site. [Map Link]
Elden Ring Black Knife Notes & Tips
- Black Knife can be upgraded by using Somber Smithing Stones.
- This weapon can't be infused with Ashes of War, nor can it be enchanted with Magic or boosted by Consumables.
- This weapon has a unique R2 moveset shared with the Blade of Calling, that performs quick double slashes.
- Weapon Skill: Blade of Death - This projectile will reduce the Target's Maximum HP for a period of time while also reducing their Current HP. For further notes and tips, go to the skill's page.
- While this weapon is primarily designed with Dex Faith builds in mind, the Blade of Death projectile's damage is only affected by Faith scaling, meaning that a Strength Faith build utilizing Maliketh's Black Blade or the Black Blade incantation can still benefit from this weapon solely for the weapon skill alone.
- This weapon may have drawn inspiration from an African hybrid knife/axe known as the mambele.
- Sell Value: 100.
- NOTE: As of Patch 1.08, the speed and distance of some attacks has been increased and the recovery time has been reduced.
- Other notes and player tips go here
Moveset & Videos in Elden Ring for Black Knife
Black Knife Upgrades in Elden Ring
Please see the Upgrades page to understand the weapon bolstering process.
Requires regular reinforcement with Somber Smithing Stones
|Attack Power||Stat Scaling||Passive Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|