Coat armament in frost, and then slash, spreading frigid mist forwards. The armament retains its frost for a while.
How to get Chilling Mist
- Can be found in the Three Sisters sub-region. Dropped by a Teardrop Scarab in the ruins south of Renna's Rise. [Elden Ring Map Link]
Elden Ring Chilling Mist Guide, Notes & Tips
- This is an Ash of War Skill, associated with the Ash of War: Chilling Mist.
- FP Cost: 14 on use.
- This Skill is not Chargeable
- Upon activation, the user raises their armament (weapon) and coats it with frost, before performing a sweep in front of them that releases a cold mist in a small area.
- The frost coating counts as a weapon buff.
- This skill consumes FP before the sweep and mist are performed. If the user is interrupted but has consumed FP, only the weapon buff will be performed.
- Consumes approximately 30 stamina.
- The weapon is buffed with a 60 Frost buildup per hit effect, after consuming FP.
- This buff lasts for 40 seconds after use.
- This buff is not reflected in the weapon's stat screen.
- This buff stacks with the innate status buildup the weapon has (if any), including frost.
- The sweep attack deals aproximately 100% more damage than a light attack.
- It also applies 120 frostbite on hit.
- This sweep can be aimed in any direction before its release.
- After the sweep, the weapon leaves a stationary mist that continues to apply 120 more frost buildup per tick.
- The mist lingers for 5 seconds upon appearing.
- Has a small area of effect that can affect multiple enemies if clustered together.
- If used without FP:
- No weapon buff is added.
- The sweep deals the same damage as a light attack, and doesn't have additional buildup.
- No mist is released.
NOTES: This Skill was changed with Patch 1.07 as follows:
- Motion speed has been increased.
- Duration of the weapon's frostbite effect has been increased from 20 to 40 seconds.
Join the page discussion Register to EDIT the Wiki!