Brace armament and step into a low stance that prevents recoil from most enemy attacks. Follow up with a strong attack for a sweeping strike.
Stamp (Sweep) is a Skill in Elden Ring. Stamp (Sweep) is a regular skill that can be found in Ashes of War and applied to Swords, Axes, and Hammers (small and medium swords excepted). Updated to Patch 1.08.
How to get Stamp (Sweep)
- Dropped by an invisible Teardrop Scarab located at the beaches of Western Limgrave. From where the Giant Land Octopus and Land Octopus enemies are, check the east side of the shore and you'll see some pillars on the beach. You'll notice multiple glowing prints moving around the pillars. Attack it at the right time just when it's about to approach you to reveal the scarab. Elden Ring Map Link.
Elden Ring Stamp (Sweep) Guide, Notes & Tips
- This is an Ash of War Skill, associated with the Ash of War: Stamp (Sweep).
- FP Cost: 5 (8)
- This Skill is not Chargeable
Usage: Press (L2/Special skill), then (R2/Heavy attack).
(L2/Special skill) Will cause you to brace for impact, which absorbs one hit from an enemy
(R1/Light attack) Performs the 2nd attack in the light attack combo. This does not cost FP.
(R2/Heavy attack) Can be performed either immediately or after absorbing one strike, and performs an spinning Sweep which knocks back smaller enemies, or deals significant damage to bosses. Has a wider range compared to it's Upwards Cut counterpart, but hits twice, with the first hit weaker than the second.
NOTE: This skill was changed with Patch 1.07 as follows:
- The delay between the end of various actions (like using items or attack animations) has been reduced and being able to perform the skill
- Attack Power was increased.
- Timing between the end of the skill and performing actions other than the strong attack has been reduced.
- While not mentioned in the patch notes, the second hit of the strong attack now knocks back enemies, and when performing the skill, inputting light attack now performs the 2nd attack in the light attack combo.
NOTE: As of Patch 1.08, the poise value during the active part of the Stamp Weapon Art has been increased.
Elden Ring Stamp (Sweep) Notes & Tips
- Updated to patch 1.07. See Patch Notes for details.
- Other notes and player tips go here.
Stamp sweep? More like stamp sh!t.
Colossal swords are the only weapon class that even have a chance of making this ability worth a damn, and even then it’s not that great.
Very useful if you invaded right in next to the host.
Sure, Spinning Slash does more damage, but it does not provide damage resistance, nor can you mixup by doing a normal R1 followup instead of R2. A decent AoW, although I wish it had bit more range on R2 followup.
I think Stamp had to be a single AOW. Simply made it towards you could follow up with R1 (Sweep) and R2 (Upward Cut) just like Wild strike or Spinning Strikes.
Use spinning slash on a gs to get a similar result with far more damage
Very underrated Skill imo , works best with pointy long Armaments like the Claymore , the other Knight's Greatsword.... But this Ashe of War shines best with Zweihander and Guts Greatsword specifically. ( The tricky good part about this Skill is the Added Poise , and the unexpected double Slash it has ). The Last slash is decently long ranged with Zwei and Greatsword , while the first rotating part catches off guard many Players actually when they are close by.... The final hit shoves enemies and anybody far away and its very decent and not bad. ( Off setting it with Weapon Buffs also gives it major damage like Lightning Armament etc. ). Might be slower than Uppercut but it does hit Harder , pretty awsome Standard Skill overall.
Is this any good?
Use it with a club. Congrats, you are now playing baseball simulator !