Skill of superior swordsmen. Perform a crossing slash attack from a low stance.
Repeated inputs allow for up to two follow up attacks.
How to get Double Slash in Elden Ring
- Ash of War: Double Slash - Found in Sellia, Town of Sorcery: Dropped by a Teardrop Scarab found high above on a very large root in the western end of town. Accessible by jumping across the rooftops. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Default skill for the Serpentbone Blade.
Elden Ring Double Slash Guide, Notes & Tips
- This is an Ash of War Skill, associated with the Ash of War: Double Slash.
- FP Cost: 6 on use.
- 3 FP for the next two following inputs.
- Using all the inputs totals to a 12 FP cost (6 + 3 + 3).
- This Skill is not Chargeable
- Upon activation, the user briefly holds the armament (weapon) to their right side, before slashing twice side-to-side in front of them.
- Inputting the Skill button again allows for another follow up, with the user making a brief spin before slashing thrice side-to-side.
- Inputting the Skill button after this allows for one last follow up, where the user makes an overhead slash all the way to the ground.
- The total amount of skill inputs are 3, for a total of 6 hits.
- Each hit consumes stamina separately, has different damage modifiers, and on-hit status buildup penalties (if weapon has any).
- Status buildup is less per hit, compared to light attacks. This applies to both innate status buildup and buildup obtained from weapon buffs (such as greases).
- The speed of the Weapon Skill can vary. This is based on the type of armament in question that has the skill.
- "Small" armaments such as Daggers, Straight Swords, Curved Swords and Katanas have overall fast speed on all attacks. There's almost no delay between each attack performed.
- "Large" armaments such as Greatswords, Twinblades, Halberds, and Scythes (Reapers) have a slight attack delay on the first input, and a longer, considerable delay on the follow up.
- The recovery time of the first two inputs is the same as small armaments, the difference lies on the actual speed when performed.
- The last follow up seems to have the same speed, regardless of armament. However, large armaments have a slightly longer recovery period before they can move again.
- Stamina consumption depends on the type of armament that has the skill. Large armaments consume more stamina.
- When used without FP:
- Has a severe damage penalty (approximately 40% less damage compared to light attacks)
- User can bounce off walls on hit.
- This strangely enough doesn't apply to shields on PvP. Blocked attacks from Double Slash won't bounce off even without FP. However, normal enemies can make the user bounce off when blocking.
General Usage Tips
- The weapon skill, when used on its entirety, consumes high amounts of stamina. Make sure to manage your stamina well.
- Since the weapon skill depends of player input, this allows them to use the skill, and change their approach according to the situation.
- For example, using Double slash once, then dodge an incoming attack by rolling.
- Because each hit uses a portion of your total damage, using small armaments with high damage is a good way to optimize this skill.
- This becomes specially true when using weapon buffs, as they add damage and have a lesser damage penalty when using the skill.
- This skill allows for flexible combos, as it can be used after recovery windows are finished.
- For example: light attack, Double Slash, light attack. Or light attack, Double Slash, Double Slash, etc.
- The reach and area coverage of every hit depends entirely of the specific weapon used. Longer weapons are more effective for this purpose.
- The attack speed based on the type of weapon is a behavior shared with the Weapon Skill, Sword Dance.
- The first two portions of this Weapon Skill look similar to the first two parts of Floating Passage, a Combat Art from the game Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.
- Corpse Piler, a weapon skill unique to the Rivers of Blood, has an almost identical moveset. However, Corpse Piler has a trail of blood per each slash.
- This weapon skill can be used as a low FP alternative of Corpse Piler by applying it onto a Nagakiba with Occult infusion, or applying the Bloodflame Weapon spell.
Builds with Double Slash
Join the page discussion Register to EDIT the Wiki!