Swing the shield to dispel incoming sorceries and incantations, transforming the magic into retaliatory glintblades. Can also be used in the same way as a regular parry.
See also Carian Retaliation for the corresponding spell version of this skill.
How to get Carian Retaliation in Elden Ring
- Purchase from Pidia, Carian Servant: 3000
Elden Ring Carian Retaliation Guide, Notes & Tips
- This is an Ash of War Skill, associated with the Ash of War: Carian Retaliation.
- FP Cost: 8
- Only costs FP when successfully parrying a spell (not a physical attack).
- Carian Retaliation has 4 start-up frames and 6 parry frames at 30 FPS. Double the values for data at 60 FPS.
- Creates a blue field in front of your shield. If a magical projectile enters this field, it's absorbed and converted into a glintblade arch above your head. Parrying a regular attack costs no FP, while parrying a magical projectile costs 8 FP.
- Works on your own projectiles as well, such as the ones from Glintstone Scrap or Wraith-Calling Bell.
- The glintblades' damage is affected by the affinity and upgrade level of the shield.
- See Parrying for detailed information on the mechanic and a comparison of different parry skills.
Click below for Carian Retaliation recovery frame data. Note that left-hand attacks are only possible after parrying with a shield if you're holding that shield in your right hand.
See Carian Retaliation recovery frames at 30 FPS (click to reveal)