Two-hand the shield and charge forwards while maintaining guard. Weaker enemies will be shoved backwards and can even be staggered. Hold to extend the duration of the charge forwards.
How to get Shield Crash in Elden Ring
- Ash of War: Shield Crash is dropped by a Teardrop Scarab in Lux Ruins, Altus Plateau. Elden Ring Map Link.
Elden Ring Shield Crash Guide
- This is an Ash of War Skill, associated with the Ash of War: Shield Crash.
- FP Cost: 12
- This Skill is Chargeable.
- Despite this feature, it appears unaffected by the Axe Talisman
- When compared to Shield Bash, Shield Crash has a moment at the beginning of its cast that leaves the player unguarded, whereas Shield Bash sustains guard for its entire duration. Shield Crash overall deals much more damage, has greater range for chasing foes, hits multiple times while guard is sustained, and only costs 2 FP more than Shield Bash.
Ultimately, Shield Bash is shorter and safer, by virtue of having guard sustained the entire time and due to being shorter therefore less of an investment if the enemy dodges. However, due to its chargeable nature, Shield Crash does have the option to invest less time into its total attack, giving the user a degree of on-demand versatility.
- An uncharged use of this skill appears to deal roughly 40% more damage than Shield Bash. When fully charged and if all hits connect, Shield Crash can deal around 200% of Shield Bash's damage.
- Due to the fact that Shield Crash hits multiple times before dealing its most powerful strike last, the skill can take advantage of affinities and innate status effects of shields; for example, using a Cold Spiked Palisade Shield +20, which deals 141 Frostbite buildup and 65 Hæmorrhage buildup, the total damage output when comparing Shield Crash to Shield Bash with this setup is 5x higher with the former, due to Frostbite increasing damage vulnerability and Hæmorrhage dealing a large amount of damage.
- Note: This Skill was changed with Patch 1.07 as follows: The amount of status buildup when used with weapons that have status effects has been reduced.
Elden Ring Shield Crash Notes & Tips
- Updated to patch 1.07. See Patch Notes for details.
- Other notes and player tips go here.
Join the page discussion Register to EDIT the Wiki!